Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Unrooting my device? ???? PLEASE HELP!!

So I've rooted my phone (samsung galaxy s4 1905) a couple of months ago to be able to download a deleted files retriever app, and shortly after that my phone started to shut down randomly. The phone is fully charged, and if I open it, for example just to use the camera, it shuts off after 2 minutes! And after i try to turn it on it doesn't turn on fully, but just vibrates and then turns off completely. I always have to connect it to the charger to be able to turn it on fully again. I have the supersu app, and I've noticed I can unroot my phone using that app. But my question is;

• Does it fully get rid of the root?

• And after I've used it to unroot my phone will my phone return to normal, like will it return completely back to the original stock firmware?

• And if it doesn't return back to its original stock firmware, and I have unrooted the device what happens then? Will the phone work normally and be updated normally or will it brick?

Please help, I've read through so many other forums but nothing. I only want my phone to return back to normal :' (

Global Posts
    22,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Unrooting my device? ???? PLEASE HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by androiduser2055 View Post
    So I've rooted my phone (samsung galaxy s4 1905) a couple of months ago to be able to download a deleted files retriever app, and shortly after that my phone started to shut down randomly. The phone is fully charged, and if I open it, for example just to use the camera, it shuts off after 2 minutes! And after i try to turn it on it doesn't turn on fully, but just vibrates and then turns off completely. I always have to connect it to the charger to be able to turn it on fully again. I have the supersu app, and I've noticed I can unroot my phone using that app. But my question is;

• Does it fully get rid of the root?

• And after I've used it to unroot my phone will my phone return to normal, like will it return completely back to the original stock firmware?

• And if it doesn't return back to its original stock firmware, and I have unrooted the device what happens then? Will the phone work normally and be updated normally or will it brick?

Please help, I've read through so many other forums but nothing. I only want my phone to return back to normal :' (
    Welcome to the forums.
    Can you link to what root method you used for others to review?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Can you link to what root method you used for others to review?
    Thank you! I don't quite remember, but I'm sure it's this one because the instructions I followed is the same.: Root XXUAME2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 I9505

Global Posts
    22,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by androiduser2055 View Post
    Thank you! I don't quite remember, but I'm sure it's this one because the instructions I followed is the same.: Root XXUAME2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 I9505

Probably the best way to get rid of root access is to flash a Stock ROM all over again. You can get files from Sammobile, and use Odin to flash it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here