Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to unlock s4 l720t sprint to gsm

hi gun, help me unlock s4. I can't use carier gsm with s4 l720l sprint like s4 verizon.

Global Posts
    7,484 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: how to unlock s4 l720t sprint to gsm

Hello and welcome to the forums at AC!

In order for someone to help you better, please tell us more info, like which carrier are you trying to use.
    My brother and I have the GS4 and he never unlocked it from Sprint but when he goes to Mexico he can buy a prepaid SIM over there and use his GS4 with no problem.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:

hi, i also have a sph-l720t. i wanna use it in Europe. there is no unlock yet. what should i do. please any info...thanks in advance

you need to sim unlock the device by either contacting sprint or following the xda guide/tool. once you have unlocked it put the att sim in and then follow the att/tmobile guide and youll have a sprint s4 on att/tmobile. youll need to edit the apn's to get data/mms working, and even then it will be 2g/3g/4g hspa+ youll get. sprints s4 does not have the right bands for att/tmobile 4glte, but it will at least be working.. not sure if this will do the trick.. post copyed from shabbypenguin.

*Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Global Posts
    7,484 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Hello rijat, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I don't remember the model number but if that's the GS4 from sprint then you can use it in any GSM network in Europe.

The phone is already unlocked for international use, it's only locked for use in the US.

Sprint will unlock it for you to use here in the US.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums at AC!

In order for someone to help you better, please tell us more info, like which carrier are you trying to use.
    My brother and I have the GS4 and he never unlocked it from Sprint but when he goes to Mexico he can buy a prepaid SIM over there and use his GS4 with no problem.

To Stargate

your last post said that sprint will unlock the phone for use here in the USA; How does one go about making that request?

Sprint has provided me with my MSL number, but i am really not sure what to do with it.

Also when i put in my verizon sim card; it says invalid sim.

thanks in advance for your help.

[previous post]
    "Hello rijat, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I don't remember the model number but if that's the GS4 from sprint then you can use it in any GSM network in Europe.

The phone is already unlocked for international use, it's only locked for use in the US.

Sprint will unlock it for you to use here in the US.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS With My Galaxy S5"

hello, i also have a sph-l720t. i wanna use it in German. there is no unlock yet. what should i do....thanks in advance

Hello,

I have Galaxy S4 L720T sprint.
    I wanna use that phone in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe).
    When I insert my Bosnian SIM card, here in America, i see warning "Invalid SIM card".
    How to unlock my phone?

Thanks

Did you unlock your phone?
    I have same problem.

has anyone unlocked their sprint gs4 and while im at it is there a way to root it without a computer? ??

Posted via the Android Central App

Is there a fix for the Galaxy SPH L720 T to work on Golabl GSM network

the l720T is not unlocked as you said, i have one in mexico and is not unlocked .

There is no unlock at yet, for the SPH L720T Tri Band Galaxy S4 the only way to get around this issue is to change the Logic Mother Board with i9500 or i337 model just make sure that the Mother Board sit ok on the L720T housing and also change the USB Charge Port Flex Cable that enables the home button and menu touch screen to work cost about $150.00

Unlock method found for the sprint l720t

Sprint s4 can be unlock for international only

Do u still need help unlocking ur cell
    Quote Originally Posted by jovame View Post
    the l720T is not unlocked as you said, i have one in mexico and is not unlocked .

my L720T locked to Srint. I want help to unlock and use it in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzii Murillo View Post
    Do u still need help unlocking ur cell
    my L720T locked to Srint. I want help to unlock and use it in Germany.

I ulocked for you gian

I need S4 720T to be unlocked for international use. Can you help with that ? How can I get that unlock for international user. Here, if I place an international sim in it, it says "INVALID SIM CARD".

Unlocking for international travel

Traveling abroad? Sprint customers traveling abroad for a short period of time can have their Sprint service provisioned to allow for international roaming. See sprint.com/international for full details.

Sprint customers remaining abroad for an extended period of time may want to try to use their Sprint device with a foreign carrier. For certain devices engineered to include a SIM slot, Sprint may be able to unlock the device's SIM slot in order for a foreign carrier's SIM card to be inserted. Sprint will unlock, or facilitate the unlock of, the SIM slot of an applicable device for international travel under the following circumstances:
    •The person requesting the unlock is a current Sprint customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
    •The person requesting the unlock can authenticate as the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
    •If the account is an ASL account: •There is no unfulfilled Service Agreement associated with the line of service.
    •There is no outstanding Installment Billing Agreement balance associated with the device.

•The account is in good standing (including but not limited to: payments are current, no write-off balance, not associated with a phone sent to collections, etc.).
    •The subscriber with which the device is associated has not previously unlocked another device within the past 12 months.
    •The applicable device has been active on the associated line of service for at least 90 days.
    •The device is currently active on a Sprint account.
    •The device is capable of international SIM unlock.

Please note that unlocking the SIM slot does not allow for use with domestic (U.S.) SIMs. When using a foreign carrier's SIM it is important to note that all information, service and support must be provided by that carrier. You remain responsible for any charges to your Sprint account, as well as any charges from the foreign provider. Upon returning to the U.S., you may need to remove the foreign carrier's SIM to be able to acquire the Sprint network.

If you elect to use a foreign carrier's SIM in a locked device for use on international GSM networks, please contact Sprint Worldwide Care to unlock the device SIM slot. Sprint Worldwide Care can be reached via chat or email from sprint.com/swwsupport or by calling 6s888-226-7212.

Hi,
    I want to unlock my Galaxy S4 doemstic and intenationaly SPH-L720, I am in USA.
    I have paid contacrt brekage money and have unlock code from Sprint, So please help me.

Thanks
    Rakesh
    hardietack likes this.

Hi,
    I want to unlock my Galaxy S4 doemstic and intenationaly SPH-L720, I am in USA.
    I have paid contacrt brekage money and have unlock code from Sprint, So please help me.

Thanks
    Rakesh

It is very easy to unlock your SIM, just download the attached .apk to your phone and run it. You can also find it here: (see attachment for link because this is my first post and you need 10 to post links). There is a built in *ONLINE MANUAL* in the app. But in short this handy little app can do many things like Unlock your SIM with one click of a button, it will show you your phones MSL#, get hidden menus and toggle buttons with one click, as well as enable sprints native hotspot for free! I can confirm that it does work on the SPH-L720T because I use it myself

*** NOTE: In regards to galaxy tools, idone provided this wisdom: To use GSM outside the US it is as simple as pressing the unlock sim button in galaxy tools. If you want to use it in the US: only S4, Note 3, and Mega's(Mega's that haven't been updated to 4.4.x) can, but you also need to downgrade baseband (modem) to MK5 first, then navigate to UE SETTING & INFO>SETTING>PROTOCOL>GCF>[1] and reboot.

Let me know if it works for you guys!!! Time for a beer... later peoples!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast