[Verizon] How to activate on TracFone service.

rmjohnson144

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I was given a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 by a friend to get working on my TracFone service.

Here's some history of what I've done so far.

My friend took the phone to Verizon after he deactivated his service as he couldn't access his phone to transfer data to his new iPhone 5. He says Verizon entered some unlock code so he can now access the phone. So I seem to have full access to the phone except calling out of course.

First call, TracFone says the G4 is compatible, but doesn't use the SIM card on their service. They say they piggyback off Verizon for service. He says I need to unlock the phone from verizon before he can activate it.

I call my friend and that's when he tells me Verizon did some sort of unl,ock on his phone when he had them retrieve his data.

Second call, TracFone now tells me I need a "Network Access Code" and made no mention of the unlock code if they are even different. also, can anyone recommend a good safe place to buy a code?

Now I need to know if there s a difference before I buy a code and also need to know if my G4 requires rooting for this to happen.

I already restored system defaults on the G4 for a clean slate and it says I have 4.4.2 installed and it also shows the old phone number, so maybe it's not unlocked after all. It also said I have a version 6 of this phone SCH-I545.06, at least I assume that is what the .06 represents. It has Kernel Version 3.4.0 and Build Number KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5.

If you need more info just let me know. I've been at this for a week now and desperate to get this working on my TracFone service if at all possible. I have until the June 14 (3-days) before I have to renew my TracFone service.

Thanks in advance for any help
-=Mark=-

John Lee05

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Mr. Mark, may I, John, ask you if you were successful in flashing/unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S4 to use for TracFone? I need to flash my Samsung Galaxy S4 as well. Thank you

kindest regards, John

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1