I know, dumb question. I took my phone in to get the screen replaced and the guy said I have a custom Rom installed. I got this phone second hand. Works fine. Just curious. What ROM does the Samsung galaxy s4 Verizon normally come with?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails How do I know what ROM I have installed?-screenshot_2014-06-12-13-16-10.jpg  
    06-12-2014 03:16 PM
    I guess one way to tell for sure if your running a custom ROM of sorts is too look in your apps list.

Do you see a SuperUser or SuperSU application?

Also you can verify if you are running a custom ROM by powering down and themn booting into your bootloader/recovery. If its been rooted and flashed with a custom ROM it will most likely have a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM recoveries.

Instructions for booting into recovery (bare with me its been a while..)

• Power off your device completely.
    • Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
    • Release the buttons when the phone’s screen flickers or the Stock / CWM / TWRP Recovery logo appears.
    • That is it. After you the release buttons you will be taken to the main Recovery Mode menu.
    Savannah Mille likes this.
    06-12-2014 04:04 PM
    Thanks. It looks like just the regular Android dude. Wonder what that guy what talking about because he seemed smarter than me.
    While I know how to install a custom Rom, it's been a while and I didn't know how to check if I had one.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-13-2014 02:05 PM
    try this rom its pretty awesome.

07-06-2014 01:51 PM
    Any1 know if there is a good rom with android 6 marsmallow or better for galaxy note 2 sch-R950? Not sure what rom iam using now but would like to figure that out as well i know i have su and twrp recovery thanks for any help or suggestions bettera
    try this rom its pretty awesome.

04-26-2016 02:26 PM