- 28 Posts
Can I factory reset my rooted GS4?
I recently rooted my GS4 on AT&T with the new tool that allows for simple rooting, and after tinkering with it extensively, my mom has told me to give it to my sister who is in need of a phone. I need to reset it before I give it to her, so do I just merely factory reset it from the settings and everything is A-Okay? I'm asking because I'm having an issue where tapping on tabs within Google applications causes the app to crash and I've also deleted some bloatware and was wondering if resetting the phone would render it unusable or make it faulty or something like that. Thanks.
- 06-26-2014, 10:10 PM #2
- 655 Posts
- ViperXL/Dirty Rom
Re: Can I factory reset my rooted GS4?
If you use the factory reset within the rom (in settings menu) you will lose root. If you are having force closing apps, go to settings>manage applications> select whatever app it is, clear cache and clear data -- then reboot.
What recovery are you using, safe strap?Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rooted, HyperDrive Rom
If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
- By mkchillin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 09:14 PM
- By U4icLab in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 9Last Post: 08-24-2014, 06:59 PM
- By redmars04 in forum WhatsApp for AndroidReplies: 3Last Post: 07-06-2014, 10:13 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2014, 04:03 PM
- By thegame161 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:11 PM