Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bricked AT&T Galaxy S4 Pretty Badly

I was stupid. I flashed CWM on a phone with a locked bootloader (I think?), and now it says "System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone"

I cannot access recovery, or boot normally. I tried to flash stock 4.2.2, but it fails in Odin. I believe this is because I cannot downgrade. Could I flash 4.4.2, the version I had when I installed CWM?

Once again, I cannot boot normally or into recovery. Is this the end of my sweet, sweet phone?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Bricked AT&T Galaxy S4 Pretty Badly

Bump

Try kies. This has saved my **** a few times. If not sammobile might have a newer copy of your firmware. On my sprint s4 I've lost system and recovery. Odin saved me. Good luck buddy. Keep us posted please.

*Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DaisFlaque View Post
    Try kies. This has saved my **** a few times. If not sammobile might have a newer copy of your firmware. On my sprint s4 I've lost system and recovery. Odin saved me. Good luck buddy. Keep us posted please.
    Thanks for the help! I couldn't do it with Odin, because it tried to install 4.2.2. I've tried Kies, SamMobile, and Samsung-Updates. The most recent they have for my SGH-I337 was 4.2.2.
    Thanked by:

I might be able to dig something up.. what's your exact model number under your battery? And tge last android version your were running/baseband? I'm pretty resourceful. I just compiled the first Odin stock with root tar for my Sprint S4 L720t running the newest nc6 4.4.2 firmware... although.. it's still unreleased and being tested.. lol

*Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by DaisFlaque View Post
    I might be able to dig something up.. what's your exact model number under your battery? And tge last android version your were running/baseband? I'm pretty resourceful. I just compiled the first Odin stock with root tar for my Sprint S4 L720t running the newest nc6 4.4.2 firmware... although.. it's still unreleased and being tested.. lol
    Model number... SGH-I337? I believe that's it, or at least what it says under my battery
    Last android I was running would 4.4.2 I got OTA

You obviously know a lot more about this than I do. Is the reason I can't flash via odin the version? Or would it be something else?
    Thanked by:

Possibly.. I know on some devices.. like my L720t.. you can't downgrade android versions.. mainly because of Knox tho..

Hope all is still okay. Ive finally found time to catch back up over here. Heres your odin. It should work like a charm. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2668147

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2