Issues after rooting with Towelroot

Quaxo76

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Yesterday I rooted my S4 using Towelroot, with no apparent issues. I also installed and ran SuperSU, which asked me to update the binaries, and completed this task without problems. I then rebooted the phone.
Immediately after this (the rooting worked, by the way), I started getting weird issues:
1) When waking the phone from sleep, with either the home button or the power button, I get the lock screen; I unlock the phone; but then, 75% of the times, the touch screen is frozen. It doesn't register any touch or swipe at all. If I then put it back to sleep with the power key, and immediately wake it up again, then it works fine.
2) The phone frequently reboots; when idle, when an alarm sounds, when there's an incoming call... but not always. Say about once every 1-2 hours.
3) There is an excessive battery drain. I used to get to the end of the day with 40% still left on the battery. Now it gets totally depleted in 6-7 hours. Checking the Battery page, I see that the most power was used by a "com.sec.android.app.sbrowser:sandboxed_process0" process.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong, and how to fix this? I couldn't find relevant information.
Thank you in advance for any help,
Cristian

Last edited: