Basic rooting questions from a noob
Can I still get over-the-air software updates if I just rooted my phone without installing a custom rom or deleting any stock apps (did install sdfix, xposed mod, and super su)?
Does not being able to get over-the-air software updates leave me more exposed to security risks?
How can I know when a new software update is available for my s4 after I rooted it?
I installed an antivirus app onto my phone. Are there other security apps I should install since I rooted my phone?
Sorry, this is the first time I've ever rooted a phone so am still learning.
- 07-22-2014, 07:29 AM #2
- 07-22-2014, 11:33 AM #3
- 81 Posts
Re: Basic rooting questions from a noob
I'm rooted (stock ROM) and I got OTA update; I checked "survival mode" in SuperSU and uninstalled Xposed frameword (not the modules)
I'm in Canada, so my bootloader is unlocked; not sure if that maks a difference or not
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2015, 01:28 AM
- By DrMaat in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2015, 11:28 PM
- By Courtenay Dawn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
- By krynn72 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2014, 10:34 AM
- By Liam McArthur in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2014, 01:42 AM