I want to install Cyanogenmod but I messed up CWM and can't fix it.
So, I want cyanogenmod. I'm not new to rooting, I rooted my S3 years ago, but since the day my S4 came in, I've been out of the scene, so I basically need to start over in this regard. I need help, from beginning to end (if you would!) on how to fix what I've broken, and get Cyanogenmod on my phone.
Steps I've taken:
- rooted my phone with tr.apk
- installed superuser
- installed rom manager
- opened rom manager, this made me install CWM
- went to backup my rom, got an error, restarted phone
- tried again after pulling battery, sd card, sim card
- installed ROM installer
- Installed TWRP 220.127.116.11
- Clicked to backup the ROM, restarted phone, got an ODIN error
- figured out how to get out of this by holding power and volume down, got back into phone. Tried a few more times.
- Tried to flash CWM again from ROM toolbox, tried again, and it boots into TWRP recovery with the ODIN error
So I can't create a nandroid backup, I can't get into any recoveries, and when my phone turns off, I have to restart by holding volume down.
About my phone:
- Model Number SGH-I337 AT&T Galaxy S4
- Android Version 4.2.2
- Baseband NC1
- Kernal Version: 3.4.0-1125940
- Any other needed info?
Like I said, I'm trying to get Cyanogenmod 11 on here. Can anyone help me out? Thank you so much!
Re: I want to install Cyanogenmod but I messed up CWM and can't fix it.
Sounds like u had a nightmare!! Have you tried the cm installer? Not tried it myself but I think its a one click deal.
Personally if you are using Odin I would flash philz Cwm recovery first then create your nandroid backup (I've never bothered with this as I back up stuff to dropbox) then when you have back up download cm 11 m8 stable to ext sd card, boot to recovery and select "wipe to install new rom" install cm and away you go!! Good luck and post an update with how you got on👌
Posted via Android Central App