Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After Root is a new operating system ROM ?? required just to delete bloatware

Using a prior verizon galaxy s 4 on Straighttalk service. Was trying to download the root program from towelroot but it seems to be down and was using galaxys4root for info but am confused a little. I just want to be able to delete programs for ever and not have to change operating systems as I don't know enough about that. It seems I have to load a new operating system after rooting ??? a ROM ??. To me rom used to mean read only memory. I would be fine using Disable but they boot back up after restarting my phone.
    I would be fine just being able to delete bloatware, galaxys4root mentions loading safestrap after rooting but not familiar with what this program does, novice about rooting. The journey continues, thanks for your help. dave

Default Re: After Root is a new operating system ROM ?? required just to delete bloatware

No. As soon as you root and gain superuser access you can then change, alter, delete apps at will

I would suggest a nandroid backup and not to delete any system apps.

Posted via Android Central App
    davekane likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: After Root is a new operating system ROM ?? required just to delete bloatware

Thats good news this morning, will get the nandroid backup first. thanks