I337 and Bad Esn/IMEI

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I see all over that people talk about being able to change imei or esn if it is "blacklisted" or whatever.

Rooted sgh-i337 with i believe 4.4.2
Ive hacked many a phone,roots,romming and especially hardware.

But i have never dealt with anything with the IMEI..ESN

Not necessarily asking how to do it (dont know if thats an acceptable subject here)

Im simply wondering if it is done, or a common thing.. Also if its hard? Or whats the concept behind trying to do something like that? (i've seen windows software etc etc things like that, but never seen it done before...

Curious is this something people do alot?

i looked on ebay and i cannot find any S4's for sale with "Bad Imei" etc etc in the description so i am assuming people fix it somehow

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
But i have never dealt with anything with the IMEI..ESN

Not necessarily asking how to do it (dont know if thats an acceptable subject here)
Since it's a felony in the US, it's not "acceptable" anywhere in the US (or most countries).

Or whats the concept behind trying to do something like that?
Stealing phones. Making it impossible for the government to find out who made that call about bombing the White House, things like that.

Curious is this something people do alot?
About as often as they steal wallets, probably.

i looked on ebay and i cannot find any S4's for sale with "Bad Imei" etc etc in the description so i am assuming people fix it somehow
No, they're selling phones that weren't reported lost or stolen. It's early for an S4. Wait a while. (If you buy an S4 with a bad IMEI for $100, you can still use most of the parts, you just need a motherboard with a clean IMEI. But you're also contributing to the cellphone theft industry. If no one bought stolen phones, very few people would steal them.)

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
maybe i am misinformed but i do believe they have quite a few "opinion" sections on this site.

This one from what i understood was the forum where you ask for facts and receive informed answers?

and this "Curious is this something people do alot?" would pertain to :

ok let me be specific to help you..

Do people change IMEI codes on phones often?

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
You know what?

Im going to give this thread the old "bye felicia" some troll dude is going to be a dbag. Nice thread waste.

ill start a different one. Thanks for the timesuck Bye felicia!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol