Verizon Galaxy S4 Root question

T_Squared

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I have gone through the forums here, as well as performing a number of google searches trying to nail down an exact answer, because I feel like I am finding conflicting information.

I am a VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 user. Years ago I was an Android user (had the Original Moto Droid, Droid Eris, and Galaxy S3) before I stupidly made the switch to Apple, haha. I am now back, and have had my S4 for over a year now. I am happy with how my phone operates and have customized it to my liking with stock apps and launchers. I am starting to feel that need for root again, and opening myself up to that advanced level of customization. I have experience with rooting/flashing roms/etc. with my previous Android phones, as well as rooting an iPhone, so the 'risk' of root does not scare me off.

My current S4 info is:

Model#: SCH-I545
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: I545VRUFNK1
Hardware version: I545.06

(Stock KitKat S4 on VZW basically)

My question is this....is it possible to root this phone and install CyanogenMod? I cannot seem to get a straight answer on whether or not this build is able to root.

Thanks for your insights!!!!!

PS - I would be rooting on a MAC and not a Windows PC (I know this will be a factor as well)

philmda

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi T Squared, I have the exact same problem and my S4 is configured exactly as yours, including Build Number. I too have searched for someone that has knowledge of rooting with this Build Number with no success what so ever. It appears Verizon has issued this Build trying to prevent guys like us from rooting our trusty S4 as the only thing I have found is the current root programs doesn't work at all or will leave brick it. I'm hoping I'm wrong but can't chance it therefore I'll continue to search for someone that has figured it out and if I do, I'll certainly post it here for your benefit. Regards, Phil

rosiebrutus

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I have gone through the forums here, as well as performing a number of google searches trying to nail down an exact answer, because I feel like I am finding conflicting information.

I am a VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 user. Years ago I was an Android user (had the Original Moto Droid, Droid Eris, and Galaxy S3) before I stupidly made the switch to Apple, haha. I am now back, and have had my S4 for over a year now. I am happy with how my phone operates and have customized it to my liking with stock apps and launchers. I am starting to feel that need for root again, and opening myself up to that advanced level of customization. I have experience with rooting/flashing roms/etc. with my previous Android phones, as well as rooting an iPhone, so the 'risk' of root does not scare me off.

My current S4 info is:

Model#: SCH-I545
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: I545VRUFNK1
Hardware version: I545.06

(Stock KitKat S4 on VZW basically)

My question is this....is it possible to root this phone and install CyanogenMod? I cannot seem to get a straight answer on whether or not this build is able to root.

Thanks for your insights!!!!!

PS - I would be rooting on a MAC and not a Windows PC (I know this will be a factor as well)

Hi! I have the exact phone, carrier and build and was stumped for months until I found this post. (See below link.) I just rooted without a hitch!

forum.xda-developers (dot) com/galaxy-s4-verizon/general/how-to-root-i545vrufnk1-4-4-2-12-1-2014-t2959613

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech