How can I root my Verizon Galaxy S4 running Lollipop?

A

AC Question

Root Verizon Galaxy S4 running Lollipop

I've got a Galaxy S4 running Lolliop, (5.0.1). Does anyone know if there is a way to root it? I've tried Kingoroot, (and even talked to their support team), towelroot, and a couple of others. None of them work for this OS. I've read that I can try rolling back to KitKat and rooting that way, but I've also read it won't help because Verizon will just force the updated back out and I'll lose root.

I found one paid service but it's $80, (more than I want to spend), and I am suspect of their abilities to do it successfully since everything else says it can't be done. Mostly I can live with it as is, I carry extra charges, but I'd like to get rid of all the damn bloatware. Thanks very much

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Root Verizon Galaxy S4 running Lollipop

If you have a Verizon phone then your chances of root are nearly zero. Sorry but Verizon and AT&T are the worst offenders at blocking users from doing what they want with their devices. In part to enforce TOS against pairing phones to other devices instead of paying for the service, in part they are tired of fixing bricked phones but mostly because they can force the OEM's to bend to their will and remove features that everyone else got.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. I couldn't find anything for 5.0+ either. Verizon likes to lock down the bootloader, making rooting even more difficult.

kajunguy33

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy s4 SGH-I337 running 5.0.1 lollipop at&t I've tried rooting it using towelroot, key master root and other rootings nothing works please help

damocci

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site

The best way to root an S4 is via your PC using Odin and CF Autoroot. Google them both and you will find the files you need to download as well as instructions on how to safely root your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App