Rooting (Samsung GalaxyS4)

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have any advice for someone as myself considering rooting my phone? Though I am new to this I have done research but would like to hear from those who do so. Is it worth it and are there limitations? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any advice for someone as myself considering rooting my phone? Though I am new to this I have done research but would like to hear from those who do so. Is it worth it and are there limitations? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central

It has been a while since I rooted a Samsung, but I have rooted a lot of my devices. Once you root the device, you can no longer get any updates Over the Air (OTA). What happens is the software checks to see if there has been any tampering of the OS. Once it see it, the update will fail.

Rooting does give you more control over how apps interact with the OS. But this is a double edge sword. If you aren't careful, giving some apps complete control can make a mess of your device.

A counter question: What would you like to do with root access?

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I was seriously thinking about it but after doing research I think I'll stick with it as is. I agree it is a double edged sword and to be considered wisely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463