deleted too much...

haiill

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay. So. I recently rooted my Galaxy S4 & it was working great... but I decided to delete some of the bloat ware on it. I think I may have downloaded too much considering the lock screen is no longer on the phone, nor does the home button work. I think I may have deleted the USB files, also, b/c I can't connect it to my computer... it doesn't bring up my phone at all. I tried factory resetting it, but it didn't change anything.

Is there any way to fix my phone & get it back to normal.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you flashed one of the custom recoveries Golfdiver97 mentioned, try using Mobile ODIN to flash a stock ROM to your phone or restore the backup you made before you deleted everything.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay. So. I recently rooted my Galaxy S4 & it was working great... but I decided to delete some of the bloat ware on it. I think I may have downloaded too much considering the lock screen is no longer on the phone, nor does the home button work. I think I may have deleted the USB files, also, b/c I can't connect it to my computer... it doesn't bring up my phone at all. I tried factory resetting it, but it didn't change anything.

Is there any way to fix my phone & get it back to normal.

Welcome to Android Central!

I would find a Stock ROM. If you have recovery installed on the phone you can just flash the Stock ROM over the current ROM you have installed. That should put all the deleted files back. Make sure you wipe the cache and dalvik cache before you flash. Make sure the ROM is 100% exactly what you already have. I am assuming you are running a stock rom considering what you did.