How to Unroot?

Belle_Celeste

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So my dad gave his phone to his coworker a while back to install some app he was recommending, and unbeknownst to us, rooted it. I only discovered this today when I looked into what SuperSU was, and had it removed (via the app's Full Unroot). Most guides online say this is how to unroot the phone, yet I still cannot perform any updates due to the message "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available." Under Device Status, it says "Custom".

I'm not very savvy when it comes to phones (so a majority of the lingo I see in other guides goes over my head :-[), so I'm not sure what else I should do in order to restore it to a valid version. Already tried factory reset and clearing cache in safe mode (which produced an error). It does not have an SD card, since some guides say to remove it, nor does it have an earlier backup for me to restore it to. Any help?

Model Number: SGH-M919V
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: M919VVLUAMG1
Carrier: Wind

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So my dad gave his phone to his coworker a while back to install some app he was recommending, and unbeknownst to us, rooted it. I only discovered this today when I looked into what SuperSU was, and had it removed (via the app's Full Unroot). Most guides online say this is how to unroot the phone, yet I still cannot perform any updates due to the message "Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available." Under Device Status, it says "Custom".

I'm not very savvy when it comes to phones (so a majority of the lingo I see in other guides goes over my head :-[), so I'm not sure what else I should do in order to restore it to a valid version. Already tried factory reset and clearing cache in safe mode (which produced an error). It does not have an SD card, since some guides say to remove it, nor does it have an earlier backup for me to restore it to. Any help?

Model Number: SGH-M919V
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: M919VVLUAMG1
Carrier: Wind

Welcome to Android Central!

Give this guide below a try. It should remove all root files, install the latest firmware for the phone, and take it back to complete stock.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar