Why isn't my wifi turning on (Grey/Light Green)?

eddiemora01

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Why isn't my wifi turning on? (Grey/Light Green)

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for a little over 2 years now. Since I got it back in 2014 I have had the KitKat software version of android (specifically 4.4.2).

I decided to finally try to upgrade to Lollipop, doing so through Kies3. All went well, except there was one single problem: My wifi would not turn on.

After rooting the phone through Wondershare's 'one-click root', I got ES Root Explorer installed since my LTE was functioning normally, and looked for wpa_supplicant.conf.

In the destination where it was supposed to be, all I could find were:

- A "sockets" folder (with nothing inside)
- A "wpa_supplicant" folder (with nothing inside)
- "blacklist.conf"
- "softap.conf"

-------------------------------

Keep in mind I'm not 100% sure that he missing wpa...conf is what is causing my wifi to not turn on.

I've tried pulling my battery out of my phone while it was off, waited, then put it back it- no luck. I've tried pulling the battery while the phone was on and running- no luck. And I've factory reset 3 times- no luck.
I tried to manually put in the .conf by visiting another forum where someone manually extracted what I needed (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1545048)- but that work either.

------------------------------------
Here is my phone in more detail:

Samsung Galaxy S4
[Model Number] Software Version: [SPH-L720]TVPUBNC6
Hardware Version: L720T03
Build Number: LRX22CL720TVPUCOK3

------------------------------------
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No need to apologize! The Ambassadors and Mods are here to help you get the best possible answer, so we'll move posts to a more appropriate forum if necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513