Getting my S4 i545VRUFNC5 back to square one.

Zarathuztra

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
So I am traveling to Thailand in a couple months, and before doing so would like to get my phone back to square one. It crashes from time to time and feels slow in general. First I'll give info on the phone before I go any further..
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Carrier is Verizon)
Model: SCH-i545
Baseband Version: i545VRUFNC5
Andriod Version: 4.4.2

It's been a long time since I first got it and messed around with rooting and such, pretty sure I followed this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2735172 and then did a root afterwards using towelroot. I should mention I have safestrap installed as well.

My goal is to completely wipe the phone and get back to a new phone with nothing installed and freshly rooted. I've been looking for how to accomplish this and just haven't had much luck searching.. Seems like most people move on to new phones. Looking for a little guidance to get me on the right track. How can I get this phone to a freshly rooted and nothing installed on it. ( in terms that might clarify what I'm aiming to do, I want the same effect as reinstalling windows on my PC.)

After that I want to make sure I can use the phone when I'm in Thailand... but that is a secondary matter... first I need the phone back to square one.