Galaxy S4 Zoom: camera starts randomly

hyuma8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
recently since 4-5 days my s4zoom camera starts randomly. it opens and closed and some time halts midway. i have to go to camera and exit to get it back into position. installed antivirus also but no effect. it happens when mobile data is or wifi is on. this is especially more when making or receiving calls. i have updated all the apps and have not installed any app outside the play store. need help. can not make out why this happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

jojopadz

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have this too I think it's a bug in the phone. Also when I start Skype it does the same thing with the Camera. Hope they will find a solution for this.

Posted via Android Central App

Stepan Boswart

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have the same problem. I noticed it several weeks ago. I have the original Samsung lens cover in place, so that the lens do not move - I only hear the servo motor trying to open the lens. It happens randomly in standby mode. It is not a camera problem - I had no updates from Samsung recently. I suspect it is a badly written app and/or spyware running in the background. The next Android spying scandal? Better keep your phones covered at all times. Anyone found the origin?

Shawn Ide

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
For me it happens only on certain apps. When you install an app from the Play store it asks for your permission and lets you know what parts of your phone it needs access to. I've noticed that my camera and mic are connected at times.

When I open an app like Instagram or vine... The initial check of "does the camera function" is initiated. This happens on all phones, the zoom is just more noticeable because it zooms to the the camera open position.

EnriqueHenny

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
recently since 4-5 days my s4zoom camera starts randomly. it opens and closed and some time halts midway. i have to go to camera and exit to get it back into position. installed antivirus also but no effect. it happens when mobile data is or wifi is on. this is especially more when making or receiving calls. i have updated all the apps and have not installed any app outside the play store. need help. can not make out why this happens.

Is it any solution to this problem. I'm having the same problem. It seems not related to any app. It starts some day go when I had to put my phone to fabric settings and reinstall everything, the same apps I had before. Please help.

wltrae

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
same here... camera start randomly till stuck... get zoom error

i disarmed and cleaned everithing.. work good... but when i put together the same problem again... next i figured that the servo motor only tried to close the camera whenever any app try to access it(software problem??)