Working flashlight?

Zombiedude101

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, anyone know if there's a working flashlight application? I've already tried a few including HoloTorch and A-Light but the only thing that happens it the camera zooms forward and in some instances a red light blinks. Any suggestions?

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Tried it, all I'm getting is the red light blinking. Only just got the phone today brand new after my S2 died.

I would say that makes a software issue less likely. That, in turn, would likely make it a firmware or hardware issue. On such a brandnew device that is the seller's responsibility. A.k.a. warranty.

jbutewicz

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Yea, can't explain that. If it still functions this way after you restart the phone then there is a problem with your phone. I know for sure your device works on Tiny flashlight and my flashlight. A restart should reset any settings on the camera that might have gotten messed up.

Arturo Tafoya

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with my S4 Zoom SM-C105, Xenon and led work flawlessly in the Samsung camera app but as flashlight just can't. Tiny flashlight + LED works with the led but intermitent (solid red light for a while then turn off). This is my first Samsung phone.

Jennifer White3

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
You are aware this is in regards to the S4 Zoom not a regular S4. This phone has manual and optical zoom for a full digital camera effect. So it also has large designated Xenon Flash. I am not sure if this changes the way they flash light app will work but i also can not find a flashlight app that works for my samsung galaxy s4 zoom either.