Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Working flashlight?

Hey, anyone know if there's a working flashlight application? I've already tried a few including HoloTorch and A-Light but the only thing that happens it the camera zooms forward and in some instances a red light blinks. Any suggestions?
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Working flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiedude101 View Post
    the camera zooms forward and in some instances a red light blinks
    The free app 'Tiny Flashlight + LED' works fine for me. Completely customisable in the Settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    The free app 'Tiny Flashlight + LED' works fine for me. Completely customisable in the Settings.
    Tried it, all I'm getting is the red light blinking. Only just got the phone today brand new after my S2 died.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiedude101 View Post
    Tried it, all I'm getting is the red light blinking. Only just got the phone today brand new after my S2 died.
    I would say that makes a software issue less likely. That, in turn, would likely make it a firmware or hardware issue. On such a brandnew device that is the seller's responsibility. A.k.a. warranty.

I built a flashlight that works on the S4.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lashlightbyjoe

If that doesn't work then I would think you have a problem with your hardware
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jbutewicz View Post
    I built a flashlight that works on the S4.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lashlightbyjoe

If that doesn't work then I would think you have a problem with your hardware
    Yeah, but the flash itself works fine when taking photos, it's just applications for flashlights which don't seem to work with it.

Yea, can't explain that. If it still functions this way after you restart the phone then there is a problem with your phone. I know for sure your device works on Tiny flashlight and my flashlight. A restart should reset any settings on the camera that might have gotten messed up.

Xenon flash cant work like torch. Only like real flash for dslr camera

Posted via Android Central App

I have exactly the same issue with my S4 Zoom SM-C105, Xenon and led work flawlessly in the Samsung camera app but as flashlight just can't. Tiny flashlight + LED works with the led but intermitent (solid red light for a while then turn off). This is my first Samsung phone.

You are aware this is in regards to the S4 Zoom not a regular S4. This phone has manual and optical zoom for a full digital camera effect. So it also has large designated Xenon Flash. I am not sure if this changes the way they flash light app will work but i also can not find a flashlight app that works for my samsung galaxy s4 zoom either.