- 05-05-2014, 02:24 AM #2
- 05-05-2014, 02:58 AM #4
Re: lock screen on case shut
The problem is that YouTube is not intended to stay running in the background--it's fully intended to be a foreground process, since the user is expected to be watching a video. So if you turn off the screen (either by pressing the power button or closing a smartcover), YouTube will stop. This is different from Google Play Music or Pandora, for example, which will continue running in the background and playing the music that you were listening to even when the screen is turned off.
You could try installing an app that keeps the screen on, like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ics.stay.alive. Not sure if it will work with smartcovers--you might have to spring for the full paid version. There are a few other apps that do similar things, so try a bunch of them. The downside with this approach, of course, is that with the screen kept on, you'll use battery more quickly.
Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
- By srfoot in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 14Last Post: 09-01-2016, 04:44 PM
- By treysenter22 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 08-08-2014, 05:41 AM
- By misternemo in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 05-29-2014, 09:16 PM
- By PiggyMiddle in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2014, 11:34 AM
- By Didadroid in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 05-05-2014, 05:12 AM