Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lock screen on case shut

Hey, recently I got a case for my s4 zoom but when I shut it the screen locks which means I can't listen to youtube music. How do I disable this?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: lock screen on case shut

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiedude101 View Post
    Hey, recently I got a case for my s4 zoom but when I shut it the screen locks which means I can't listen to youtube music. How do I disable this?

Well, you can't override this as this feature is there for your own security.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How's it a security feature? I never had trouble doing it with my S2. All it's doing is getting in the way. Or is there any way of getting youtube videos to still play when locked.

Default Re: lock screen on case shut

The problem is that YouTube is not intended to stay running in the background--it's fully intended to be a foreground process, since the user is expected to be watching a video. So if you turn off the screen (either by pressing the power button or closing a smartcover), YouTube will stop. This is different from Google Play Music or Pandora, for example, which will continue running in the background and playing the music that you were listening to even when the screen is turned off.

You could try installing an app that keeps the screen on, like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ics.stay.alive. Not sure if it will work with smartcovers--you might have to spring for the full paid version. There are a few other apps that do similar things, so try a bunch of them. The downside with this approach, of course, is that with the screen kept on, you'll use battery more quickly.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!