release date?

LeBeatnik

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with S3 ?
IMO nothing
IDK what could be a major issue with the s3 the size has already been addressed with the s3 mini. So unless you just don't like Samsung for some reason (they make the components for many phones, in fact i think it would be hard to find a phone without one chip made by Samsung, maybe apple soon as they claim)

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
They will probably announce it in February or March and release it in June/July for Europe then July/August for US.

Even with Jelly Bean update coming, they will replace the S3 with a S4 solely for the quad core processor throughout their production run.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

Doubtful... they wouldn't sell many s4's out side the US if the only change was was quad core. More likely a s3 extreme or something combining the international quad core and US 2gb ram... something like the s3 lte coming to the UK soon

MFBDroid

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Is too soon to release a new galaxy S, the S3 is out to keep the best for a long time! Please dont believe in rumors, samsung still going to update for jelly bean next month for the first time and the S3 have much to do until end of 2013 when i think the S4 will come.

A friend of mine's S3 just did an OTA update to Jelly Bean last night......

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hearing Q2 2013 and will feature the Quad-core Exynos 5450 as well as 1080P, the 5250 is looking like a monster already. Can't wait to see the performance on the 5450.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
mightyfacundo ran into a samsung rep at a sprint store and he told him it will be released in feb. i have read that it will have a 13 MP camera and will be running android 4.2 key lime pie

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
RUMOR ALERT!

I went to the local Sprint store today to check out the size of the Note 2. Damn that thing is big! There also happened to be a Samsung rep there (at least I assume he was with Samsung since he was wearing a Samsung pullover and knew what he was talking about) that told me I might want to wait till the S4 comes out at the end of February. He threw out some specs: 5" HD edge to edge screen, Exynos 5250 quad core processor, better gpu than than the S3, 32 GB of ROM, 2 GB of RAM, removable battery, sd slot. Take that for what it's worth; I'm not putting a ton of stock into it since I'm not totally sure who he was. However, he has piqued my interest enough that I might pass on the Note 2 and wait for the announcement he says will come at the end of January.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Those are quite the specs but I'm taking everything with a grain of salt this time around. There's no way the S4 is coming out that early.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs