Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "The Dream Machine" Published Rumor of Galaxy S4 Specs

I had my mind made up.
    When Big Red released the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I was going to retire my trusty HTC Thunderbolt.
    The GN2 is the most advanced, powerful, feature rich smartphone on the market today.

Then I read this report from Pc-Tablet.com
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date will feature 13 MP camera, OLED display and Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie

The Galaxy S4 will be introduced at the Mobile World Congress in February or early in the 2nd quarter according to this report.
    The eye popping specs:
    4.8-inch OLED display with screen resolution of 1366-by-768 pixels
    Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie
    13 Megapixel primary camera and claims it is going to be the best camera ever fitted in a smartphone and 1.9 megapixel of Skype certified HD front-facing camera
    2.0 GHz quad-core processor
    3GB of RAM
    32GB, 64GB and 128 GB memory variants
    3200 mAh massive battery

If true is this worth waiting 6 more months?

Default Re: "The Dream Machine" Published Rumor of Galaxy S4 Specs

13 megapixel camera is impressive. 3 gigs of ram is beyond impressive.

If those specs and rumor in general hold true it will be a heck of a device.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    PhillipBranch likes this.

Jesus Christ that's impressive.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums

My contract is up in November 2013. I have an SIII that I love, I'll wait. The 2 year wait is great because by the time your contract is up, the improvements are phenomenal and a real treat when you get a new phone.
    XChrisX and blaze5 like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's worth pointing out that 4.2 wasn't Key Lime Pie....
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by 2:

I doubt about the Android version (Key Lime Pie)
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I like to dream as much as the next guy, but that is all this is, a dream.

It reminds me of all those concept photos rolling around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    I had my mind made up.
    When Big Red released the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I was going to retire my trusty HTC Thunderbolt.
    The GN2 is the most advanced, powerful, feature rich smartphone on the market today.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date will feature 13 MP camera, OLED display and Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie

The Galaxy S4 will be introduced at the Mobile World Congress in February or early in the 2nd quarter according to this report.
    The eye popping specs:
    Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie
    13 Megapixel primary camera and claims it is going to be the best camera ever fitted in a smartphone and 1.9 megapixel of Skype certified HD front-facing camera
    3GB of RAM
    3200 mAh massive battery

LOL

You can tell those specs are made-up by somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. Just to go down the list:

-Will OLED displays even be ready by then (high enough yields)? What res? What size? And why OLED? Logically, I can see a 5" device with 1080p SAMOLED+ (don't keep up with OLEDs to know much about their development). To keep things down to Earth, the next screen might not even be a "+". There's a 1080p SAMOLED in development, but it's not clear whether it'll be pentile or not.
    -4.2 isn't Key Lime, but it will launch with the latest version available at the time
    -Samsung just a couple months ago listed a new beastly 13mp sensor as "under development", with no foreseeable release date. Since the sensor itself is still in development, I wouldn't expect it to end up in next year's S4. They do, however, have a new 12mp sensor that should be ready in time (and looks to be beastly).
    -Although the beastly Exynos 5450 is my bet at what's running the GSIV, I would bet that it'd be downclocked from its advertised 2.0ghz clock speed.
    -3GB of RAM? LMAO. Why? Completely pointless. 2GB is way more than enough for the foreseeable future.
    -128gb seems extremely unlikely.
    -Again, that's huge. It'd have to be a pretty big device to fit that in there without sacrificing form factor. I have a feeling form is gonna be very important to them this next go around. We're gonna see a new Samsung come CES in the next couple of months. They're focused on relaunching their public image. They're taking their commercial success and running with it, truly trying to get to the next-level as a company and stick it to Apple in the mobile space.

You can usually use the thing between your ears to reason through leaks like these. Even without the technical knowledge, all it takes is a bit of Googling
    Thanked by:

Can't wait!

Red face Re: "The Dream Machine" Published Rumor of Galaxy S4 Specs

Damm!! Just when I picked a phone to get (SGN2), Samsung pulls me back into the waiting game for a phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Don't wait or hold your breath

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,257 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Some people are forgetting this little bit of information which makes the foundation of this rumor crumble:

Samsung calls BS on Galaxy S4 rumor | Android Central
    Last edited by deesugar; 12-05-2012 at 06:05 PM.

ROM
    Stock

there have already been multiple prototypes of phones with 3gb of ram. android 4.2 is still jelly bean. and in recent knew Samsung just announced their 10NM flash storage chips with 64gb of memory that is about 10x faster than a Class 10 SD card. screen is debatable but i think the screen is the perfect size for any phone its big but not to big and its not tiny either and i for one love the SAMOLED HD, i hope they keep the screen but Non-pentile and use more of a traditional pixel matrix.and we finally need a camera that's over 8mp and that's actually good. The Exynos 5 SoC is a monster of a chip even as a dual core so i can only imagine what Quad with 3gb or ram is gonna be. paired with the Mali-T658 its going to be beast
    Phone: LG G2
    Android Version: 4.2.2
    Rom Version: Stock

Tablet: Motorola Xoom
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Rom Version: Stock

Retired: Htc Evo 4G
    Htc Evo 3d
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    I had my mind made up.

The eye popping specs:
    Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie
    3GB of RAM
    3200 mAh massive battery

As long as they keep the MicroSD card slot in their too I am sold.
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...

en if the release date is 2013 Q2, US carriers probably won't release until early to mid Q3. Hopefully, we will see $199, for the two years.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I keep hearing rumors and while I'm tempted to wait something tells me to go with the note 2 now lol and then figure it out next year lol

Sent from my PC36100
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    I keep hearing rumors and while I'm tempted to wait something tells me to go with the note 2 now lol and then figure it out next year lol

Sent from my PC36100
    If you wait for the next big thing, you will keep waiting.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post

I agree ill just buy the note 2 and if next years nexus doesn't impress me ill get the note 3 or s4 lol I could always sell the note 2 and just pay the difference for any other phone I might want

Sent from my PC36100
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I agree ill just buy the note 2 and if next years nexus doesn't impress me ill get the note 3 or s4 lol I could always sell the note 2 and just pay the difference for any other phone I might want

Sent from my PC36100
    I am torn right now myself. I love the s3 and am changing carriers. I can get a new s3 or n2.

First World problems right?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I am torn right now myself. I love the s3 and am changing carriers. I can get a new s3 or n2.

First World problems right?

Totally and I'm in the same position about carriers I'm currently with sprint and not happy at all and while I wanted a nexus I feel like the note 2 works better for me

Sent from my PC36100
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Totally and I'm in the same position about carriers I'm currently with sprint and not happy at all and while I wanted a nexus I feel like the note 2 works better for me

Sent from my PC36100
    I am heading to sprint. Vzw is too expensive and I am one of the lucky ones that has decent lte coverage around me with Sprint.

I think I might go n2 just because everyone in the house is going, sgs3.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I actually like sprint but the data speeds are just painful in my area but if yours has LTE go for it and the customer service is great as far the note 2 goes imo that phone is beast and that's not even including the spen features how many updates do you think it will receive

Sent from my PC36100
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I actually like sprint but the data speeds are just painful in my area but if yours has LTE go for it and the customer service is great as far the note 2 goes imo that phone is beast and that's not even including the spen features how many updates do you think it will receive

Sent from my PC36100
    I love the GN2 but I don't like that the Exynos chip doesn't offer SVDO 3g. I have pretty good LTE coverage in my area but it does occassionally slip to 3g in buildings or certain locations.
    I don't want to go backwards because even my current Thunberbolt offers SVDO.
    I'm curious if all the next generation of processors will lose the ability to do Simultaneous Voice and Data over cdma since Big Red is close to completing it's nationwide LTE network.
    That takes more battery power so it appears as if only Qualcomm through it's Snapdragon processors is keeping that ability. Probably because cdma was a Qualcomm staple and they may own the patent (just guessing).
    I would prefer to stay with vzw and a smartphone that offers SVDO for the next year or two.
    By 2015 all of the carriers should have nationwide LTE and then it will be interesting to see what Big Red can do to keep it's price premium.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

The next big is already here. The GS3. That is until the GS4 gets here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast