Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Worth waiting for?

Got an upgrade next week.

As it stands, I'm going to wait an additional week and get the Galaxy Note 2. But do you guys think it's worth waiting for this? Possibly until summertime or whenever the release is?

Default Re: Worth waiting for?

It all depends if you really need a new phone right now. It's going to be a long while. If you can't wait then I suggest you get the Note 2. I have the Galaxy Nexus and I'm waiting for the GS4. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never buy a new phone. I would say, get the note 2 now. When the GS4 hits, if you;ve kept your Note 2 in goood shape, it'll be an easy sel to pay for a good chunk of the GS4 off contract.

ROM
    Jelly Beans build 6

I have the same question but I would be buying the galaxy s3. Right now I have an iphone 4 and it sucks and I just want to get started with android but I dont know if I should wait for the s4 or get an s3 today. I have an upgrade right now. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    If you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never buy a new phone. I would say, get the note 2 now. When the GS4 hits, if you;ve kept your Note 2 in goood shape, it'll be an easy sel to pay for a good chunk of the GS4 off contract.
    You are right! You make a good point!

Quote Originally Posted by KSChris View Post

As it stands, I'm going to wait an additional week and get the Galaxy Note 2. But do you guys think it's worth waiting for this? Possibly until summertime or whenever the release is?
    I am in the same boat as you!! I am trying to decide between the Note 2 and the DNA, but both of them are not the perfect phone for me. What I really want is the rumored GS4, but my old Evo 4G is on its way out.

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

I think it is worth the wait

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7

Rumors are saying a possible Feb release now...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Default Worth waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    Rumors are saying a possible Feb release now...
    Isn't that just for Samsung debuting their own 1080p, super display to rival the DNA?

I heard the S4 would be closer to summer.

Isn't that just for Samsung debuting their own 1080p, super display to rival the DNA?

I heard the S4 would be closer to summer.
    I am reading both online. You can't believe everything you read though as you know.

My bet is for an August or September 2013 US release since the summer release will probably be in Europe.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

if you go by the time between when the S2 and S3 came out, that would put the S4 out around march

If it does release in the spring, it will be in Europe first making AT&T release in May or June 2013.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

I couldn't wait for s4, I went with the NOTE 2. Loving it so far!

I'm in no rush for a new device so I'll wait.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
    Premium1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    I'm in no rush for a new device so I'll wait.
    Same here. I have an upgrade in June so as long as it comes out sometime around then I will be more than happy.

My upgrade is around may 2014 haha, maybe the s5 then?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

I've only had the S3 for about a month and LOVE it but then my attention got taken by the Note 2...but I'm waiting. By the time the S4 comes out in the spring I'll be eligible for an upgrade again.

It'll be interesting to see the new 5" screen Samsung will be debuting at CES which is surely the new screen for the S4.

No matter what phone comes out, I'll have to pay full price. I want to keep my unlimited data and keep my plan cheaper. I analyze my data usage and everyone else on my bill and it works out that I need to go for the 16GB plan and after a 20 month contract with the phone, it ends up being like $540 more plus $300 for the phone and I lose unlimited data. I use WiFi when I can but with traveling, wifi isn't an option most of the time.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

I couldn't wait no more. I end up getting the HTC DNA. I didn't want the GNote2's big size. If the Gs4's display matches the Dna's along with microsd and bigger battery, then I can always sell the Dna.

By the time the S4 comes, the Note 3 will in the pipeline then too...

You'll still have the same dilemma lol
    Sashreek likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Make a decision and stick to it, don't b*tch about it, do it, I am on hold until around February for my phone, but that is because the Nexus 4 is full of problems that need to be addressed too before I will even think about getting one and if I get one that is defective the first go around, I will be shipped a replacement and if that one proves to be defective too, I will sending it back for a loss of restocking fees and probably shipping and taxes and getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which has proven to have good battery life and pretty much an all around decent phone.

So stick to your guns and don't back away, if you want the S4 wait for it, if you want a Galaxy Note 2 go get one, no matter what you do get you will have pride inside that you got it and that is all that matters.

i'm in the same boat... I am eligible for an upgrade (have been since Nov. 1) but, now I'm wondering if I should get the GS3 or wait for the GS4... I really want to upgrade since I'm using a MyTouch 4G by HTC. Sad that phones go out of date in like a month... :/

Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw918 View Post
    i'm in the same boat... I am eligible for an upgrade (have been since Nov. 1) but, now I'm wondering if I should get the GS3 or wait for the GS4... I really want to upgrade since I'm using a MyTouch 4G by HTC. Sad that phones go out of date in like a month... :/

At this point, I'd recommend waiting to see if Samsung announces anything at CES in January. At least then you'll know approximately how long you'll have to wait for the S4, if that's the route you choose.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Well, Cnet is reporting that the S4 will not make an appearance at CES, but I still think we'll hear about the unbreakable screen and new processor that it will have.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast