Galaxy S4 Ocoto-Core or Dual Quad-Core?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It won't have 8 cores, the battery just wouldn't handle it, even a quad core a15 chip with a new quad core gpu and followed by a 1080p screen, the battery life would be so poor. I'm not sure what Samsung will do, maybe a dual core a15 chip and backed up by two a9 cores for normal usage and the a15 will be used for serious gaming/use

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think they will make it have most of the functionality of the note. I mean with a 5" 1080p screen they could really give it s-pen support and all of that. Plus more power will allow the multi window and all that to run even more smoothly than it already does on the note 2.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
but the a15 would be more efficient than current models plus less power hungry and samsung is usually pretty good with battery life of their phones. If anything they will stick a nice big battery in it if rumors are true of the 5" screen that gives them lots of room for a nice hefty battery.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
If I am correct a quad core a15 consumes about 30% less power than a quad core a9, but this is clocked at 1.7ghz. Now if the s4's a15 will be clocked at 2ghz the power would only be about 15-20% less than the a9. Don't forget it will have a 1080p screen which will most probably be sAMOLED and backed up with 3gb of ram. The gpu will be quad core and they will drain about the same power as the cpu.

Another thing to mention is that if the device is going to be thinner then they have to make a battery that is thinner Than the s3 and have more power. It will be very difficult for Samsung so I'm not sure what they will do.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Who says it needs to be thinner? Samsung isn't htc or apple that thinness is the only thing they care about. I think it will be around same thickness as s3 because there isn't really a reason to go thinner unless they are going with a non removable battery.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Let's face it, phones have reached their Shannon Limit (google Shannon theory)...

There's nothing left to do... Screens will get better, signal and battery life will improve, but as far as what we can do with our phones has reached its peak

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
There is still plenty left to do you even mentioned it yourself, better screens, signal and battery life still leaves plenty room for improvement

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
More cores so we can all post on Facebook, tweet and browse the Web... The same stuff we were doing g with our single core phones. For gamers this is great. For us normal folk nothing more than just something to say we have than something we need.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
He has got a point when he said they have reached their peak, the screens can't really get much better than 1080p, it wouldn't look any different to a 2000p or more display, they also can only make a battery so big that it can just fit In a 5 inch phone, processors will eventually be too powerful and consume too much power. I don't know what manufactures will do in say 2 years time.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Let's face it, phones have reached their Shannon Limit (google Shannon theory)...

There's nothing left to do... Screens will get better, signal and battery life will improve, but as far as what we can do with our phones has reached its peak

You get props for finding a rarely (if ever) talked about theorem (not theory) in the tech blogs. But you clearly don't understand that it's a limit that nobody talks about as seriously effecting future data speeds. Namely because we've already been side stepping it for over half a decade. Current wireless technology uses MIMO, wider channel bandwidth and higher-order modulation types. There will always be problems and limitations in the future evolution of speed in computing and communications but that's par for the course and nothing new.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
He has got a point when he said they have reached their peak, the screens can't really get much better than 1080p, it wouldn't look any different to a 2000p or more display, they also can only make a battery so big that it can just fit In a 5 inch phone, processors will eventually be too powerful and consume too much power. I don't know what manufactures will do in say 2 years time.

You could have said the same thing 2 years ago I mean who would have thought they would have quad core processors and 1080p screens in phones? Or that a 5.5" phone would sell so well? I am sure the manufacturers still have plenty left to show.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Until screens look like seeing through a window, are flexible, can change size from a label to a sheet of paper, give tactile feedback and generate more power then they consume, we are far from nearing what you can do with screen technology. Not being able to conceive what manufactures will do in 2 years time is your limitation, not the tech industry.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well Samsung has just designed the quadcore a15 chip called the 5440 or 5540 something like that

Source is sammobile

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it is not going to continue to be a arms race in the chips. I mean even the dual core qualcomm s4 can handle pretty much everything thrown at them. I think we are going to see better screen and more efficient battery life out of this. I mean these are about the two areas that are lacking for android in most cases, especially battery life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois