Is January the release date for the S4?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
AccordIng to rumours the s4 will be released in January at CES, the only thing is that the s3 wouldn't have even been out for a year yet, I was expecting the galaxy s4 to be released/announced around may time.

Samsung have also released a video to say something big is coming at CES, tell me what you think is going to happen...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

I would say a tablet at CES, or a TV,etc. The S IV will get its won launch event. Period.

Id say closer to April timeframe as well, the GS3 continues to sell well

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

January 2013 seems far too early for the S4 release date. There is still plenty of money for Samsung to make off the S3.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I think that's too early. But if they planned on doing so, then it would have been announced by now. :)

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Though still rumored, Phone Arena speculates that it will be released in April 2013. My guess is that Europe will be first meaning the US in June 2013. What is wrong with releasing in the US first?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jldoom

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy S2 /Skyrocket were only out for about 6 months if I remember right before the S3 was launched so...January doesn't seem too far fetched.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I think they'll announce their new 1080 unbreakable HD screen, and that it will debut on the S4 when they release it at the end of March.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

Though still rumored, Phone Arena speculates that it will be released in April 2013. My guess is that Europe will be first meaning the US in June 2013. What is wrong with releasing in the US first?

Samsung is an international company so the USA isn't their first priority and the carriers stall releases sometimes but I think the s4 will be announced at its own event like the s3 was

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I would agree with you. It is surprising that Korea has the largest per capita use of cell phones and isn't a launch country.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Engadget just published an article about how Samsung is planning to show the world the S4 at its own event after CES. I think in Jan it said something about how they're going to be displaying new TV and screen technology...

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

NO

"Our source isn't yet sure when the S IV will be announced, but it definitely won't be CES and may not be MWC in late February, either ? Samsung set aside its own event for the Galaxy S3 this year, after all, and it was just unveiled in May. Considering its specs and popularity, Samsung may elect to wait a full 12 months before pulling the sheets off its successor."

Source | The Verge

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

People are so impatient :p Samsung will probably wait until May of 2013 to release the S4: The Galaxy S was announced in March 2010 and "officially" launched in June 2010; the S2 was announced at MWC in February 2011 and "officially" launched in May 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong), and the S3 was announced and launched in May 2012. With the success of the Galaxy S3, there is no way that they announce the Galaxy S4 at CES or MWC: it will deserve it's own launch event as the S3 did. Until Samsung actually says anything, any speculation is utterly useless.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

The Galaxy S2 /Skyrocket were only out for about 6 months if I remember right before the S3 was launched so...January doesn't seem too far fetched.

The Skyrocket was debuted 07 months after the S2 was first sold (April 2011). The US carriers dragged their feet on releasing the S2, just as they did the S3. January is very far-fetched lol

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

People are so impatient :p Samsung will probably wait until May of 2013 to release the S4: The Galaxy S was announced in March 2010 and "officially" launched in June 2010; the S2 was announced at MWC in February 2011 and "officially" launched in May 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong), and the S3 was announced and launched in May 2012. With the success of the Galaxy S3, there is no way that they announce the Galaxy S4 at CES or MWC: it will deserve it's own launch event as the S3 did. Until Samsung actually says anything, any speculation is utterly useless.

But it is fun.... I am rooting for a may launch... So I have a shot at it

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Well atleast we should see the htc m7 released in jan.. That will keep me excited until s4

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

February announcement, May release, PERIOD. Until then take a look at the Oppo Find 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance