Is January the release date for the S4?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

Oppo find 5 is terrible, poor design, disgusting UI, not that fast (compared to most S4 processor devices) the 1080p display isn't as good as the DNA and to be honest I don't think it's much better than the note 2/gs3 720p display.

Also the HTC m7 may have a tegra 4 chip but I still don't think it'll be as fast as the new exynos 5 quad which will be In the gs4

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

February announcement, May release, PERIOD. Until then take a look at the Oppo Find 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Why will they release it so late after announcement

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

It's samsungs way, they've done it that way every year because it's released in other markets first.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Oppo find 5 is terrible, poor design, disgusting UI, not that fast (compared to most S4 processor devices) the 1080p display isn't as good as the DNA and to be honest I don't think it's much better than the note 2/gs3 720p display.

Also the HTC m7 may have a tegra 4 chip but I still don't think it'll be as fast as the new exynos 5 quad which will be In the gs4

It was only announced 4 days ago and you have personal experience with this how...? So far all the videos from reputable sites clock it much faster and the screen is much better. In fact it's rumored to be close to the same screen in the s4.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Spec are decent if you want a Chinese DNA. I think it is gonna be a bit of a dud until they add lte, storage, see what the battery life is like and things like that.

The good news with these types of phones is that it brings down the price of buying off contract

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

It was only announced 4 days ago and you have personal experience with this how...? So far all the videos from reputable sites clock it much faster and the screen is much better. In fact it's rumored to be close to the same screen in the s4.

Look at videos on YouTube, I watched the video on my friends DNA so I could watch the video In 1080p and I found through note 2 screen seemed warmer and more vibrant than the 1080p screen on the find 5

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I have watched the plenty of videos and the screen on the 5 looks a hell of a lot better.

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

See I don't think it does, don't get me wrong it is a nice screen for sure but not like the DNA's screen or the colour and contrast on the note 2

XzavierL

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I thinks its waaay to early to be speaking of a S4 though I don't doubt its underway.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I am sure it was une way before the final specs of the SGS3 were dry

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

That Oppo Find 5 sure does look nice. However I think Samsung can feel pretty confident most of the 30million users on galaxy s3s will go for the S4 cuz of familiarity with the brand. Im sure the S4 will most certainly outperform the find5 too. I guess for those of us that dont wanna wait until May or June and pay a premium price, there are worse choices than the find. I honestly will never get over lack of expandable storage or removable battery. And 2500mah for that gorgeous powerhungry 1080p display is still wayy too small.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Well I am starting to give on removable batteries. As external batteries get smaller, and battery cases get cheaper it is becoming less an issue. I am pulling 15-18 hours now and really haven't had to go to my backup battery at all

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I think they will show the flexible oled screens at CES as well as a 1080p hd oled screen. They will probably show oFF the new exynos 5 quad

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, but if the rumors of the Note 3 going to a 6"+ screen, there would be enough to differentiate the two in screen size alone. I don't want a huge screen phone, but clearly there's a market for it. I do like the functionality that the s-pen brings though, so I'd like to see ot on the S4.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Even though it is not likely to make it, it would be great to have a larger battery and the rumored wireless laser keyboard dock. The keyboard dock appeared in the latest leaked video of a mock up of the GS4. The video was posted on Android Authority.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret