Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is January the release date for the S4?

    AccordIng to rumours the s4 will be released in January at CES, the only thing is that the s3 wouldn't have even been out for a year yet, I was expecting the galaxy s4 to be released/announced around may time.

    Samsung have also released a video to say something big is coming at CES, tell me what you think is going to happen...

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by AndroidS3; 12-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Announced maybe, but definitely not released.
  3. #3  
    TheDave's Avatar

    Posts
    350 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    I would say a tablet at CES, or a TV,etc. The S IV will get its won launch event. Period.

    Id say closer to April timeframe as well, the GS3 continues to sell well
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    January 2013 seems far too early for the S4 release date. There is still plenty of money for Samsung to make off the S3.
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    I think that's too early. But if they planned on doing so, then it would have been announced by now.

    Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Though still rumored, Phone Arena speculates that it will be released in April 2013. My guess is that Europe will be first meaning the US in June 2013. What is wrong with releasing in the US first?

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    The Galaxy S2 /Skyrocket were only out for about 6 months if I remember right before the S3 was launched so...January doesn't seem too far fetched.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    I think they'll announce their new 1080 unbreakable HD screen, and that it will debut on the S4 when they release it at the end of March.


    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    Though still rumored, Phone Arena speculates that it will be released in April 2013. My guess is that Europe will be first meaning the US in June 2013. What is wrong with releasing in the US first?

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Samsung is an international company so the USA isn't their first priority and the carriers stall releases sometimes but I think the s4 will be announced at its own event like the s3 was
    MERCDROID likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    I would agree with you. It is surprising that Korea has the largest per capita use of cell phones and isn't a launch country.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  11. #11  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    We won't even see solid rumors in january

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Engadget just published an article about how Samsung is planning to show the world the S4 at its own event after CES. I think in Jan it said something about how they're going to be displaying new TV and screen technology...

    Sent from my MetroPCS GS3
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    There should of be so many leaks if it was in January
  14. #14  
    deesugar's Avatar

    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,213 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    NO

    "Our source isn't yet sure when the S IV will be announced, but it definitely won't be CES and may not be MWC in late February, either Samsung set aside its own event for the Galaxy S3 this year, after all, and it was just unveiled in May. Considering its specs and popularity, Samsung may elect to wait a full 12 months before pulling the sheets off its successor."

    Source | The Verge
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    People are so impatient Samsung will probably wait until May of 2013 to release the S4: The Galaxy S was announced in March 2010 and "officially" launched in June 2010; the S2 was announced at MWC in February 2011 and "officially" launched in May 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong), and the S3 was announced and launched in May 2012. With the success of the Galaxy S3, there is no way that they announce the Galaxy S4 at CES or MWC: it will deserve it's own launch event as the S3 did. Until Samsung actually says anything, any speculation is utterly useless.
  16. #16  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Quote Originally Posted by jldoom View Post
    The Galaxy S2 /Skyrocket were only out for about 6 months if I remember right before the S3 was launched so...January doesn't seem too far fetched.
    The Skyrocket was debuted 07 months after the S2 was first sold (April 2011). The US carriers dragged their feet on releasing the S2, just as they did the S3. January is very far-fetched lol
  17. #17  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    People are so impatient Samsung will probably wait until May of 2013 to release the S4: The Galaxy S was announced in March 2010 and "officially" launched in June 2010; the S2 was announced at MWC in February 2011 and "officially" launched in May 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong), and the S3 was announced and launched in May 2012. With the success of the Galaxy S3, there is no way that they announce the Galaxy S4 at CES or MWC: it will deserve it's own launch event as the S3 did. Until Samsung actually says anything, any speculation is utterly useless.
    But it is fun.... I am rooting for a may launch... So I have a shot at it

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    MERCDROID likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Well atleast we should see the htc m7 released in jan.. That will keep me excited until s4
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    February announcement, May release, PERIOD. Until then take a look at the Oppo Find 5.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    June for the states, August for Verizon

    Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Oppo find 5 is terrible, poor design, disgusting UI, not that fast (compared to most S4 processor devices) the 1080p display isn't as good as the DNA and to be honest I don't think it's much better than the note 2/gs3 720p display.

    Also the HTC m7 may have a tegra 4 chip but I still don't think it'll be as fast as the new exynos 5 quad which will be In the gs4

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    June or July 2013 for AT&T.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    February announcement, May release, PERIOD. Until then take a look at the Oppo Find 5.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Why will they release it so late after announcement
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    It's samsungs way, they've done it that way every year because it's released in other markets first.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Does anyone think the s4 will be released in January?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidS3 View Post
    Oppo find 5 is terrible, poor design, disgusting UI, not that fast (compared to most S4 processor devices) the 1080p display isn't as good as the DNA and to be honest I don't think it's much better than the note 2/gs3 720p display.

    Also the HTC m7 may have a tegra 4 chip but I still don't think it'll be as fast as the new exynos 5 quad which will be In the gs4

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    It was only announced 4 days ago and you have personal experience with this how...? So far all the videos from reputable sites clock it much faster and the screen is much better. In fact it's rumored to be close to the same screen in the s4.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will be Released in 8 days..
    By Green_Laser in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 300
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
  2. Let's speculate: What do YOU think the price will be?
    By estebancam in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 08:53 AM
  4. Anyone know when Skype will be released?
    By blueyzfr6 in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
  5. Does anyone know when the EVO will be in stock again?
    By AndroidmaniaJT in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions