Should I trade my iPhone 5 for the Galaxy Note 2, or wait for this?

IdRatherDrum

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I love it best phone I've ever had I had every Iphone except the 5 and a bunch of android phones and this phone blows everything away ever since I got it my ipad gets no love lol
Sounds good, do you have skype or something so that I can ask you some questions if you don't mind?

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Can you get the Note 2 and if you find that you don't like it, sell it and get another iPhone.

This.

Personally I don't think I'd we ever buy any non-Nexus Android device after the experiences I've had and im not interested in rooting. I will also never buy an LG phone again, so I'd be SOL if I wanted an Android phone right now, well Galaxy Nexus would be my only option. I'll stick with my Lumia 920, I love it, and I get my Android fix from my Nexus 7.

The Note seems pretty cool though. But I don't think I'd be happy with a phone that big and I don't really want any ty OEM software and skins on my device, Touch wiz included. I'd at least make sure you're OK with the size before you commit to a Note. Its freaking enormous compared to an iPhone.

shoots711

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You probably already did this, but man I would not do it. I've had the Note 2 for almost two months now and I wish I wasn't talked into it. I was going to get an iPhone. Just today I couldn't hang the phone up. The screen went blank and no button I pressed turned the display on to hang it up. I was sitting on hold and just wanted to hang it up and I couldn't.
A few weeks earlier than that, I was trying to access an account where I had to type in a PIN, after the first number I entered again the screen would go blank. By the time I got the display to show again, it told me it was an invalid PIN. The only way around it was to set it on 'speaker mode' to get the display to stay up. Also, it also goes into roaming mode where my old EVO never did. And it's the same service. I don't know why that is the case. The screen size is nice, but it's surely not worth the frustrations I've had with it. I'm really annoyed as hell.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You probably already did this, but man I would not do it. I've had the Note 2 for almost two months now and I wish I wasn't talked into it. I was going to get an iPhone. Just today I couldn't hang the phone up. The screen went blank and no button I pressed turned the display on to hang it up. I was sitting on hold and just wanted to hang it up and I couldn't.
A few weeks earlier than that, I was trying to access an account where I had to type in a PIN, after the first number I entered again the screen would go blank. By the time I got the display to show again, it told me it was an invalid PIN. The only way around it was to set it on 'speaker mode' to get the display to stay up. Also, it also goes into roaming mode where my old EVO never did. And it's the same service. I don't know why that is the case. The screen size is nice, but it's surely not worth the frustrations I've had with it. I'm really annoyed as hell.

You need to talk with tech support...the phone is not working correct...it may need replacement. I have not read anyone as yet complaining about those things you are having a problem with on your phone. You may also have an app you downloaded causing the issue. If you can't find the app causing the problem then I would try resetting the phone to factory and try the phone for a few days without downloading apps and see if the problem is there...if you still have the issue take it in where you bought it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had that issue as well, I would try to put in my voicemail password and it goes black, push the button comes one, goes black again, on and off, on and off. Funny how when I called Verizon they said I was the first one to comment. Fortunately for me I am taking it in and getting a new one tomorrow. Then its going up for sale new in box. Love the phone, love the size, but I should have gotten the GS3.

DannyUC6

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the way I see it...I am really close to ditching my iPhone 5 for the SG3 but for me its almost perfect. I have owned many android devices, as well as every iPhone. For the first time (Just my opinion) I feel that the SG3 is equal or really close to the iPhone 5. So I assume that the SG4 will take over in my view. I just don't feel that Apple is progressing at the pace that Samsung is. I will more than likely switch to the SG4 when it comes out, hopefully in June. MY 2 Cents.