Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 217
Like Tree80Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Odp: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Right. I know. What I'm saying, and which you seem to not understand, is that people will see the absence of Google Play, as well as the rest of the Google Apps, which means people won't be so easily tricked into thinking a Tizen phone is an Android phone.
    Kindle dont have that problem thru its lacking google play
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Odp: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    The general public doesn't generally look at Kindles as Android devices. They look at them as Amazon devices or, more simply, Kindles.
    2 Phonez likes this.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Odp: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    The kindle was also dirt cheap, and had a comparable store to go with it. In the end, for tizen to take off, it will need a comparable ecosystem tto iOS and Apple. Not just in apps but in everything. They could piggyback off of google and use their services but they might as well keep Android if they do that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    deesugar's Avatar

    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Odp: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Honestly BlackBerry is going to be the test subject for doing this kind of thing. Sales have been pretty good for them so far.

    If Samsung had some good core apps written for Tizen and Android compatibility it might not be such a bad thing. So far most people on this thread don't like the idea because it's blasphemous. But I don't see the problem if it's done right.

    It actually looks a lot like Android and Tizen's browser ranks the highest on HTML5 standards tests.
  5. #30  
    2 Phonez's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default Re: Odp: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    I'm gonna go with the people who've said this won't happen.

    BlackBerry's new OS has Android emulation and it's terrible according to the Verge's review. People will notice this stuff. And if it has to use a whole separate app market, it will lack the choice of an Android phone too. People may not care too much about OS but they do care about apps. Apps are what make or break a smartphone, and if they release their top end smartphone with no developer support it'll be dead in the water no matter how good the hardware or OS is.

    I'm of the opinion that the Samsung will introduce Tizen on a separate line of devices either this year or next year, and Tizen is simply a way of Samsung hedging their bets like someone else said on the first page. After all, they are investing a lot of money into growing their smartphone business and they want to make sure it keeps thriving.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Samsung's Galaxy S4 will have Tizen, not Android, because Google is reserving Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie for its own X-Phone, which will come out around the same time as Samsung's Galaxy S4 which would otherwise be stuck with Jelly Bean. It doesn't take a genius to see that Google wants its X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie to steal the new Galaxy S4's thunder and basically replace it in the market as the #1 Android hardware device. Google is jealous of Samsung because Samsung's stock has risen 9-fold in the past 5 years thanks to Android, while Google's has largely flatlined over the same period, and Samsung's current market cap with a P/E ratio still as low as Apple's is almost as big as Google's now at over $200 billion and is on path to exceed Google's sometime this year (Android hardware is much more profitable than Android software). With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie as its main selling point, it won't be hard for the X-Phone to steal the Galaxy S4's thunder, especially for Android enthusiasts. No longer the clear junior partner, Samsung sees what Google is up to and so will put Tizen on the Galaxy S4 ASAP because, if it doesn't, things will only get worse for Samsung as the X-Phone gets stronger and stronger, always having the latest Android update ahead of Samsung. Samsung has to look out for its longterm future. Samsung will put Tizen on the Galaxy S4, its premier device, because piggybacking on the Galaxy line's success will be the quickest and most effective way to get Tizen into the market on a mass scale before Android gets even more prevalent and Samsung misses its once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to introduce Tizen to the market and control both its own hardware and software and no longer be dependent on Google for software. Most business partnerships eventually fall apart anyway. Tizen's main selling point will be it'll run all Android apps seamlessly and flawlessly with its Application Compatibility Layer (ACL).
    Last edited by zippero; 02-08-2013 at 08:32 PM.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Bull.
    Galaxy is samsungs Android identifier. Yes they will release a tizen phone, and it may even have the same specs and design keys of the s4 but it won't carry the galaxy name any more than the Windows 8 phones from Samsung will.
    jomacral likes this.
  8. #33  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,029 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Samsung's Galaxy S4 will have Tizen, not Android, because Google is reserving Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie for its own X-Phone, which will come out around the same time as Samsung's Galaxy S4 which would otherwise be stuck with Jelly Bean. It doesn't take a genius to see that Google wants its X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie to steal the new Galaxy S4's thunder and basically replace it in the market as the #1 Android hardware device. Google is jealous of Samsung because Samsung's stock has risen 9-fold in the past 5 years thanks to Android, while Google's has largely flatlined over the same period, and Samsung's current market cap with a P/E ratio still as low as Apple's is almost as big as Google's now at over $200 billion and is on path to exceed Google's sometime this year (Android hardware is much more profitable than Android software). With Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie as its main selling point, it won't be hard for the X-Phone to steal the Galaxy S4's thunder, especially for Android enthusiasts. No longer the clear junior partner, Samsung sees what Google is up to and so will put Tizen on the Galaxy S4 ASAP because, if it doesn't, things will only get worse for Samsung as the X-Phone gets stronger and stronger, always having the latest Android update ahead of Samsung. Samsung has to look out for its longterm future. Samsung will put Tizen on the Galaxy S4, its premier device, because piggybacking on the Galaxy line's success will be the quickest and most effective way to get Tizen into the market on a mass scale before Android gets even more prevalent and Samsung misses its once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to introduce Tizen to the market and control both its own hardware and software and no longer be dependent on Google for software. Most business partnerships eventually fall apart anyway. Tizen's main selling point will be it'll run all Android apps seamlessly and flawlessly with its Application Compatibility Layer (ACL).
    You clearly have no idea how google makes money on android...

    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Google doesn't make any money on Android. Samsung does. Google's spent $20-30 billion on Android so far but taken in only $500 advertising revenue from it, according to the Samsung-Apple trial. Even today, Google makes 4 times as much on mobile ads from iOS than from Android. This is because, as was recently reported, iOS users make on average $100,000 a year vs. $30,000 or less for Android users. Keep in mind the most popular Android device in the U.S. is the $50 Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile, not the Galaxy S3 or Note II. The Prevail runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is bought mostly by people on welfare. In fact, Android 2.3 Gingerbread is still the most common version of Android in use today, with a 50% share vs. only 10% for Jelly Bean. When most Android users are on welfare making $30,000 or less, it's no wonder Google still makes far more money from iOS users than from its own Android users, despite Android's 75% dominant market share. This also explains Google's decision to make the X-Phone, an ultra-premium device with margins probably higher than the iPhone, because Google's sick and tired of trying to sell mobile ads to welfare recipients who never click on any ads in general or engage in any e-commerce at all. Google wants to start making a profit on Android, thus the X-Phone, which will make huge profits on both hardware and from richer Android customers who are willing to click on some of Google's mobile ads. Samsung's not happy about this because, in essence, Google wants to steal the Galaxy S4's target market with the X-Phone. Most Android enthusiasts will go for the X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie than the Galaxy S4 that's stuck with Jelly Bean. Samsung doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to Google anymore and get old versions of Android, thus Tizen. Samsung's not a stupid company. It knows what Google is doing. Samsung has to look out for its long-term future and develop its own sticky ecosystem. Short-term pain on the transition to Tizen will pay off in the long-term and ensure Samsung's still in the smartphone business 5-10 years from now.
    Last edited by zippero; 02-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.
  10. #35  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,029 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Google doesn't make any money on Android. Samsung does. Google's spent $20-30 billion on Android so far but taken in only $500 advertising revenue from it, according to the Samsung-Apple trial. Even today, Google makes 4 times as much on mobile ads from iOS than from Android. This is because, as was recently reported, iOS users make on average $100,000 a year vs. $30,000 or less for Android users. Keep in mind the most popular Android device in the U.S. is the $50 Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile, not the Galaxy S3 or Note II. The Prevail runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is bought mostly by people on welfare. In fact, Android 2.3 Gingerbread is still the most common version of Android in use today, with a 50% share vs. only 10% for Jelly Bean. When most Android users are on welfare making $30,000 or less, it's no wonder Google still makes far more money from iOS users than from its own Android users, despite Android's 75% dominant market share. This also explains Google's decision to make the X-Phone, an ultra-premium device with margins probably higher than the iPhone, because Google's sick and tired of trying to sell mobile ads to welfare recipients who never click on any ads in general or engage in any e-commerce at all. Google wants to start making a profit on Android, thus the X-Phone, which will make huge profits on both hardware and from richer Android customers who are willing to click on some of Google's mobile ads. Samsung's not happy about this because, in essence, Google wants to steal the Galaxy S4's target market with the X-Phone. Most Android enthusiasts will go for the X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie than the Galaxy S4 that's stuck with Jelly Bean. Samsung doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to Google anymore and get old versions of Android, thus Tizen. Samsung's not a stupid company. It knows what Google is doing. Samsung has to look out for its long-term future and develop its own sticky ecosystem. Short-term pain on the transition to Tizen will pay off in the long-term and ensure Samsung's still in the smartphone business 5-10 years from now.
    1. You just pull those money numbers out of your rear.

    2. You have no idea Google's or Samsung's intentions.

    3. Google has never and until something changes will never be in the hardware business.

    4. Google makes money off of adds and services regardless of who makes or uses the phones.

    5. We know NOTHING about the x phone or s4. Everything stated at this point is completely rumors made up by fans with pipe dreams.

    6. With the exception of maybe the Nexus 7,Google has never threatened any manufacturer with sales. All the Nexus devices are development oriented and never been top sellers.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  11. #36  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Google doesn't make any money on Android. Samsung does. Google's spent $20-30 billion on Android so far but taken in only $500 advertising revenue from it, according to the Samsung-Apple trial. Even today, Google makes 4 times as much on mobile ads from iOS than from Android. This is because, as was recently reported, iOS users make on average $100,000 a year vs. $30,000 or less for Android users. Keep in mind the most popular Android device in the U.S. is the $50 Samsung Galaxy Prevail from Boost Mobile, not the Galaxy S3 or Note II. The Prevail runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is bought mostly by people on welfare. In fact, Android 2.3 Gingerbread is still the most common version of Android in use today, with a 50% share vs. only 10% for Jelly Bean. When most Android users are on welfare making $30,000 or less, it's no wonder Google still makes far more money from iOS users than from its own Android users, despite Android's 75% dominant market share. This also explains Google's decision to make the X-Phone, an ultra-premium device with margins probably higher than the iPhone, because Google's sick and tired of trying to sell mobile ads to welfare recipients who never click on any ads in general or engage in any e-commerce at all. Google wants to start making a profit on Android, thus the X-Phone, which will make huge profits on both hardware and from richer Android customers who are willing to click on some of Google's mobile ads. Samsung's not happy about this because, in essence, Google wants to steal the Galaxy S4's target market with the X-Phone. Most Android enthusiasts will go for the X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie than the Galaxy S4 that's stuck with Jelly Bean. Samsung doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to Google anymore and get old versions of Android, thus Tizen. Samsung's not a stupid company. It knows what Google is doing. Samsung has to look out for its long-term future and develop its own sticky ecosystem. Short-term pain on the transition to Tizen will pay off in the long-term and ensure Samsung's still in the smartphone business 5-10 years from now.
    I give you a B for effort and an F for your research. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  
    deesugar's Avatar

    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    iOS users make on average $100,000 a year vs. $30,000 or less for Android users.
    That is grossly inaccurate and misleading
    Firstly, those are average household incomes not "user" incomes.
    Secondly the exact numbers are $105,200 for iOS versus $89,300 for Android
    The last time I checked that amounts to $15,900 per household or almost half your number.



    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Most Android enthusiasts will go for the X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie than the Galaxy S4 that's stuck with Jelly Bean.
    Android enthusiasts (as described by you) will only make up a fraction of total users which is not worth mentioning. Far as the Galaxy S4 being "Stuck with Jelly Bean" I would have to say if it doesn't launch with KLP because the OS is not ready, the S4 will have it within weeks after KLP is launched.

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Samsung doesn't want to play 2nd fiddle to Google anymore and get old versions of Android, thus Tizen. Samsung's not a stupid company. It knows what Google is doing.
    When people read this, they think someone like you doesn't understand how this works. It's not Google that delays newer versions of Android, it's the carriers. I suggest you do some reading on this.

    You have to keep in mind Samsung and Google work with each other and currently are enjoying a mutually beneficial relationship. That being said both companies are being careful by hedging their bets. Google by acquiring Motorola and Samsung by investing in Tizen. While it's easy to say that those actions mean the two companies are breaking up, it's actually about being prudent.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Just 4 months ago, Samsung put Tizen on not some entry-level Samsung device but the Galaxy S3:

    Business partnerships fail all the time. It's utterly, utterly naive to think that Samsung and Google's marriage will last forever. After 5 years, they both want to go their own ways and move to the next stage: software for Samsung and hardware for Google. It's not fun for Android fans to see their parents divorcing, but that's what's happening. "Hedging their bets" is wishful thinking. Larry Page told the X-Phone team, according to the WSJ: "Aspire to the scale of Samsung." This is not hedging. As for Samsung, everyone who knows the company knows their major weakness has always been software. Samsung's a gigantic company now and will have a market cap bigger than Google's by the end of the year. It wants its own ecosystem. It's not going to simply depend on Google in perpetuity, as you ignorantly imagine. If you believe this, you're truly like a child of divorcing parents who can't understand for the life of him why his parents are divorcing. The divorce is shocking, but true. Look to the future, not the past. With Tizen, Samsung doesn't have to wait for the carriers or updates from Google anymore. It'll do all that just like Apple. It's much better for Samsung. As for Google, they see the future too. It's hardware + software, not just software alone. It needs to control all the Android hardware and get the huge margins that Apple gets. Thus the X-Phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. Google and Samsung are divorcing because they're very greedy and want to emulate Apple's control of both hardware and software for the huge margins.
    Last edited by zippero; 02-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Thanked by:
    nube_android likes this.
  14. #39  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    You poor sad delusional man. Tsk tsk.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    SeekingAlpha.com had an article recently saying iOS users made $100K on average while Android users made less than $30,000. Google's own Play Store stats indicate Android 2.3 Gingerbread makes of 50% of Android devices in use and as everyone knows Gingerbread's only on budget phones for welfare recipients, so why get so uptight?
  16. #41  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    SeekingAlpha.com had an article recently saying iOS users made $100K on average while Android users made less than $30,000. Google's own Play Store stats indicate Android 2.3 Gingerbread makes of 50% of Android devices in use and as everyone knows Gingerbread's only on budget phones for welfare recipients, so why get so uptight?
    Those stats were crap.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Will you buy the X-Phone with Key Lime Pie or the Galaxy S4 with 1 year-old Jelly Bean?
  18. #43  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Will you buy the X-Phone with Key Lime Pie or the Galaxy S4 with 1 year-old Jelly Bean?
    Release os means nothing to me I'm not a noob I can compile for myself so its based on what I feel is the better phone you're running on pure speculation.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    The truth hurts, doesn't it?
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    The X-Phone is not "pure speculation." Motorola's boss confirmed it in the WSJ article. Larry Page confirmed it, too. I know you're asking yourself right now if you should choose your mom or your dad to live with. Go with the X-Phone, as that really is the future of Android.
  21. #46  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    The truth hurts, doesn't it?
    It would if you posted anything fact based and provided sources

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    You've never heard of the X-Phone? You're not a noob?
  23. #48  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    You've never heard of the X-Phone? You're not a noob?
    Hearing things is one thing having hard printed facts is another son you guys put these flagships on a pedestal every year and every year you all mess it up. Prove to the thread 100% that you are correct right now I dare you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #49  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,029 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    The X-Phone is not "pure speculation." Motorola's boss confirmed it in the WSJ article. Larry Page confirmed it, too. I know you're asking yourself right now if you should choose your mom or your dad to live with. Go with the X-Phone, as that really is the future of Android.
    You have no idea what the features of that phone will be. Neither do I or chances are anyone that will ever see this thread.

    No one knows what version of android it will have or if Google is really even involved with it. Reports have said that it will not be running stock Android which more or less throws your argument out the Window as far as updates go. Plus there are carriers and other factors to consider.

    Google is not in any way like apple in terms of hardware. Apple has to sell hardware or they go out of business. Google has yet to sell any hardware and basically owns the Internet. Android only exists so they can track ad data on us. No other reason. Google could care less who makes and sells android devices as long as someone does and ppl use them. Google is in no way a threat to Samsung in this market and they would be stupid to become one.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    chevyman29 and Darth Spock like this.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

    I understand your discomfort in having your world come crashing down. Here's the WSJ article with extensive quotes from Dennis Woodside (Motorola's president) and Larry Page on the X-Phone:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Importance of Android OS Version
    By mranderson41 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
  3. Native Android Apps instead of HTC Sense Apps
    By peconi in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 08:24 PM
  4. Android music player using headset controls instead of last.fm
    By kalldrexx in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 08:26 AM
  5. Relations of Android to Blackberry OS
    By robbies7897 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

B