Galaxy S4 Running Tizen OS Instead of Android?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Everyone's abandoning Android this year. First, Samsung because it's moving to Tizen and wants its own ecosystem more and more to earn Apple-like profits. Second, Google because Android's been a humongous money pit that's only enriched Samsung and it has far greater control over its Chrome OS and thus has much greater profit potential.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung official calls Android "fragmented": Samsung bolsters BYOD management with a Fort Knox approach - Computerworld

Samsung Mobile EVP Lee Young Hee announces 2 hours after the Galaxy S4's launch that Samsung's new Tizen phone "will be in the high-end category" and "the best product equipped with best specifications." See Samsung plans high-end Tizen OS phone - ComputerworldUK.com and Samsung Galaxy S4 Successor Confirmed for August Launch?

"Best specifications" means better specs than on the S4 to attract the fandroids. Tizen is Samsung's future. The Galaxy S4 is the last of the Galaxy line to run Android, so why would anyone buy it? The future is all Tizen. Americans love Samsung Galaxy Tizen phones running all Android apps + incredible HTML5 apps without all the Google spyware pre-installed. Without Samsung, Android goes on life support as it must rely on the manufacturing- and marketing-challenged trio of HTC, Motorola, and LG, who all share the distinction of being profitless. Google has owned Motorola for over a year now, and Motorola is still a joke. If Google bought up HTC, LG, and Sony and combined all their manufacturing facilities with Motorola's and then covertly cloned Tim Cook to manage the supply chain, Google might have a chance against Samsung, but even with its deep pockets, manufacturing is just not in Google's DNA, so Google entire mobile strategy is vaporized by Samsung overnight.

Last edited:

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Samsung official calls Android "fragmented": Samsung bolsters BYOD management with a Fort Knox approach - Computerworld

Samsung Mobile EVP Lee Young Hee announces 2 hours after the Galaxy S4's launch that Samsung's new Tizen phone "will be in the high-end category" and "the best product equipped with best specifications." See Samsung Galaxy S4 Successor Confirmed for August Launch?

"Best specifications" means better specs than on the S4 to attract the fandroids. Tizen is Samsung's future. Americans love Samsung Galaxy Tizen phones running all Android apps + incredible HTML5 apps without all the Google spyware pre-installed. Without Samsung, Android goes on life support as it must rely on the manufacturing- and marketing-challenged trio of HTC, Motorola, and LG, who all share the distinction of being profitless. Google has owned Motorola for over a year now, and Motorola is still a joke. If Google bought up HTC, LG, and Sony and combined all their manufacturing facilities with Motorola's and then covertly cloned Tim Cook to manage the supply chain, Google might have a chance against Samsung, but even with its deep pockets, manufacturing is just not in Google's DNA, so Google entire mobile strategy is vaporized by Samsung overnight.
Funny how Google is the most valuable company in terms of stock values,saying Samsung could put google out of business is a bold statement,if Samsung wants to be an Apple like full control company so be it,what made Android successful was the users ability to customize the experience,not Samsung as a whole.i am starting to see Samsung Fanboys are just as bad as Apples.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Google's market cap is much lower than Apple's and just slightly higher than Samsung's. It still gets 95% of its revenues from desktop search ads, while it pays Apple a 75% cut of all Google search revenues on iOS devices and Samsung just asked for a similar cut on its devices above the 10% it currently gets. Google never had to pay Dell or HP a cut of its search revenues on the desktop, but in the mobile world, Apple and Samsung have all the leverage. Google's business model is sustainable only in a world where people are still mostly using desktops to access the Internet, but Apple's and Samsung's devices take people away from the desktop and get big cuts of whatever search revenues Google does get from mobile search. Google's main search business model is still as stuck in the desktop world as Microsoft's Windows and Office businesses. Even with 75% Android market share, Google gets most of its mobile search revenues from iOS users because Android phone buyers just bought their phones because they were the cheapest available. Such price-sensitive customers don't get data plans so don't do much surfing or clicking on Google's mobile ads or buying apps or engaging in e-commerce in general. Their Android phones which still run mostly Android 2.3 Gingerbread or even Froyo (according to Google Play's own monthly stats) are basically feature phones with touchscreens. Google doesn't make anything from such low-income users, and these low-income Android phone buyers weren't the ones Google had in mind when it launched Android 5 years ago, though it should have known better because its open and "free" Android OS ethos infected and led every Android user to believe everything on the Internet and every app and game was free forever so let's never actually pay Google a dime for anything. iOS users are still where the actual money is at; thus, both Google and Samsung come out with high-end phones to try to convince some of these iPhone users to switch. But Google and Samsung each has its own agenda at the end of the day and increasingly don't see anymore value in their partnership and will go their separate ways, for better or for worse. Hubris and greed will drive Samsung to enter software and Google to enter hardware, but both will fall on their faces. Tragedies can't be stopped because human nature is human nature and they each want more, more, more than what they already have in their pursuit of becoming the next half-trillion dollar company like Apple. Samsung defeats Google first because it has unrivaled manufacturing and marketing scale and know-how, but then Samsung falls to Apple because nativist Samsung has no clue about how to run an ecosystem for the world. They can't even fix their broken English in their manuals, and people don't want to have to send their broken Galaxies to Koreatown in New Jersey for 3-4 weeks at a time at their own expense for service. Between Samsung's Tizen ecosystem (which will support legacy Android apps) and Apple's iOS ecosystem, it's clear which one most people around the world will pick. It's an ecosystem war and Samsung's will be extremely inferior, not from a technical standpoint but from a management and governance standpoint.

Last edited:

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Damn! This guy just won't quit. He'll be proven wrong but it's funny to watch him huff and puff his viewpoints.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Google could easily put Samsung in their place by using their considerable wealth to stomp Samsung's advertising budget if they get the motivation to do so. They could also leverage Google Search which pretty much everyone uses to plaster their own smartphone ads all over the place. I have no concerns at all that Samsung will "steal android mindshare away" from Google so to speak. Google will also probably start bringing Chrome OS and Android closer together (just my guess) for a more diverse ecosystem. Samsung doesn't have a desktop OS. Samsung also doesn't have Google services to call their very own like Maps, Gmail etc. They're using Google's. Just ask BB10 and WP8 users how much fun they're having with the fact that Google isn't giving them official maps/nav app support. Luckily for MS Nokia Drive is actually pretty good (except in some countries outside of Europe/NA). BB10's native maps/nav app sucks even more than iPhone's "mapgate" debacle.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Let's see we've had the PalmOS, Bada, Ubuntu, Meego all of which everyone said was going to be the next big thing. BlackBerry was on top until they crumbled after ios came out, and now both Blackberry and WindowsOS are struggling. I highly doubt a new os even if it is backed by Samsung will gain any traction.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has been the muscle behind Android, and without Samsung, there's no other Android phone manufacturer that can compete, not even Google's hapless, profitless Motorola and its stupid-looking X-Phone, which is already a huge disappointment. Without Samsung, Android truly is on life support, as Samsung is asking for an Apple-like, 75% cut of Google's cash-cow search revenues on Samsung's mobile devices and Samsung will steal and co-opt the entire Android ecosystem from underneath Google anyway because Tizen easily runs all Android apps. The once-junior partner Samsung is now the senior partner, and it's no wonder Andy Rubin got axed for letting this happen.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has been the muscle behind Android, and without Samsung, there's no other Android phone manufacturer that can compete, not even Google's hapless, profitless Motorola and its stupid-looking X-Phone, which is already a huge disappointment. Without Samsung, Android truly is on life support, as Samsung is asking for an Apple-like, 75% cut of Google's cash-cow search revenues on Samsung's mobile devices and Samsung will steal and co-opt the entire Android ecosystem from underneath Google anyway because Tizen easily runs all Android apps. The once-junior partner Samsung is now the senior partner, and it's no wonder Andy Rubin got axed for letting this happen.

uQUDhZ6.gif

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who hates this man's stupidity and lack of viable information. Go to Tizen central. Oh wait!

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

Let's all head over to Ubuntu and Badu Central... oh wait...

Where's Palm Central while we're at it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

LOL really, i bet you believed windows mobile OS was going to be a big hit aswell.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I can't believe a certain poster actually believes the s*** he is saying.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL really, i bet you believed windows mobile OS was going to be a big hit aswell.

This is actually a very valid point. I mean it was supported by Microsoft. The shaker of markets. It had a much better chance than tizen does now and look at it where it ended up...

Sent from my SCH-I535

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for not knowing how android was rocketed in popularity and success. I'll give you a clue. It wasn't Samsung. It wasn't even a phone maker. And the company credited with making android popular is US based. And isn't Google either.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Everyone's abandoning Android this year. First, Samsung because it's moving to Tizen and wants its own ecosystem more and more to earn Apple-like profits. Second, Google because Android's been a humongous money pit that's only enriched Samsung and it has far greater control over its Chrome OS and thus has much greater profit potential.

Chrome OS is nearly non-existant and i don't see how it is greater profit potential being browser only system, i bet Google make more profits out of Andrid users regardels what phone tablet they got then Chrome OS

Status
Not open for further replies.