Possible S-Pen?

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Actully it isn't, S Pen is based on Wacom's digitizer system that was around way before S Pen

http://sklep.benchmark.pl/product_p...PL/Wacom_Bamboo3_Fun_Pen_Touch_M-e9a81647.png
Graphics tablet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only thing that is new about it fact that they interacted Wacom digitizer in to the screen as said above :p

I don't think Wacom designed the S Pen apps or interface for Samsung. I would include all of that as a part of the S Pen technology, not just the Wacom digitizer. I also don't believe that Wacom has itself introduced the digitizer technology to the mass smartphone market, so Samsung is doing something unique in its introduction. Moreover, stylus haven't been popular with smart phones for about 5 years or so. A stylus is seen as a part of yesterday's smart phones ala Palm Treo. If Samsung were to release the S4 with the S Pen, that would all change. And others would soon follow.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Wacom designed the S Pen apps or interface for Samsung. I would include all of that as a part of the S Pen technology, not just the Wacom digitizer. I also don't believe that Wacom has itself introduced the digitizer technology to the mass smartphone market, so Samsung is doing something unique in its introduction. Moreover, stylus haven't been popular with smart phones for about 5 years or so. A stylus is seen as a part of yesterday's smart phones ala Palm Treo. If Samsung were to release the S4 with the S Pen, that would all change. And others would soon follow.

I think you not getting what is technology here :p Pressure sensitive stylus is technology here, applications are just as name saying.... a application of technology. Applications using stylus pressure is nothing new as pressure-sensitive stylus is nothing new, hovering actions is as old as mouse, in fact android supports this action for mouse too, all of this is just consequence of having this component.

Yes, maybe this is new for smartphone and tablet market, but overall i don't see how this technology is unique, as it was around for long time before Notes showed up. It's not even Samasung technology to begin with, they just implemented Wacom's tech, glasses-less 3D is not Nintendo technology either as lot of people think, it's Sharp's tech.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I remember hating styluses with those old personal organizers. :p S-Pen almost seems like something totally different. lol

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think you not getting what is technology here :p Pressure sensitive stylus is technology here, applications are just as name saying.... a application of technology. Applications using stylus pressure is nothing new as pressure-sensitive stylus is nothing new, hovering actions is as old as mouse, in fact android supports this action for mouse too, all of this is just consequence of having this component.

Yes, maybe this is new for smartphone and tablet market, but overall i don't see how this technology is unique, as it was around for long time before Notes showed up. It's not even Samasung technology to begin with, they just implemented Wacom's tech, glasses-less 3D is not Nintendo technology either as lot of people think, it's Sharp's tech.

According to your logic, in 2007 the iphone was nothing new because it was built around pre-existing technologies: multi-touch, etc.

Yes, maybe this is new for smartphone and tablet market

That's all I'm saying. We can agree that Samsung didn't invent the wheel.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
According to your logic, in 2007 the iphone was nothing new because it was built around pre-existing technologies: multi-touch, etc.

Well both technologies was new for phones and tablets :p but yeah multi-touch tech actully comes from 1999 from comapny named Fingerworks which been acquired by Apple

DannyUC6

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I owe Jay an apology. I purchased the Note 2 and so far it rules. Still not a super pen fan but I never realized its complete function. The size of this thing is great.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
To maybe try and bring this thread back around. I really hope there is no S Pen as DanUC6 said earlier its just something to loose and being that a 4.99 inch screen (if thats what it does in fact end up being) is only .2 inches bigger than the current S3 screen. I would never use it and would probably just end up buying the S3 instead of the S4.

I think they will try to keep the Note's and Tab's as the pen devices. If you want a phone and want an S pen buy a Note, if not buy an S4.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: Possible S-Pen?

To maybe try and bring this thread back around. I really hope there is no S Pen as DanUC6 said earlier its just something to loose and being that a 4.99 inch screen (if thats what it does in fact end up being) is only .2 inches bigger than the current S3 screen. I would never use it and would probably just end up buying the S3 instead of the S4.

I think they will try to keep the Note's and Tab's as the pen devices. If you want a phone and want an S pen buy a Note, if not buy an S4.

No body force you to use s-pen

Wysyłane z mojego GT-N8000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Right, it's not like it's going to raise the price of the device lol. An I'm glad you like it Dan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really hope there is no S Pen as DanUC6 said earlier its just something to loose

Why would you worry about losing the S Pen if it's something you would never use anyway? And how would you lose it if you're not using it? Also, did you know that your phone will alert you if you start to walk with the phone without the S Pen inserted? Losing an S Pen would be difficult, but if you managed to do so, you can replace it for about $20.

Judging from the content of some of these posts, I suspect most of those who don't want an S Pen have never used an S Pen and don't realize the extent of its functionality over a basic stylus. Once they cross that threshold, they'll understand, and minds will be changed.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I for one would love to see the s-pen in the s4. I tried the Note 2 after already having the s3 and love it! Too bad I can't trade in my s3, now I have to wait until I can upgrade :(

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would love for an SPen with the GS4. I recently switched back to Anrdroid from Windows Phone (traded my Lumia 900 straight across for an original Note), and I love my Note's S-Pen. I also love its huge screen, but I think 6+" rumored for the Note 3 might be a little much. If the GS4 has an S-Pen, I'll have two phones two chose from when I upgrade later this year. If it doesn't have an S-Pen, I'll be getting the Note 3.

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

You're arguing pure semantics at this point...

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Everyone that DIDN'T want the s-pen can breath a sigh of relief, there will be no s-pen with the s4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
One of the Korean news papers published an article saying that there won't be a s-pen. But they also claim the confusion may have been caused by a new feature called gesture control.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Why would you worry about losing the S Pen if it's something you would never use anyway? And how would you lose it if you're not using it? Also, did you know that your phone will alert you if you start to walk with the phone without the S Pen inserted? Losing an S Pen would be difficult, but if you managed to do so, you can replace it for about $20.

Judging from the content of some of these posts, I suspect most of those who don't want an S Pen have never used an S Pen and don't realize the extent of its functionality over a basic stylus. Once they cross that threshold, they'll understand, and minds will be changed.

Honestly, I wish i could try it out. Just to see its full functionality.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I wish i could try it out. Just to see its full functionality.

What's stopping you? Buy it. Take it back if you don't like it. I saw one at a party, and I didn't want it but I wanted to know about it. I bought one just to check it out, fully expecting it to be too big, but after about 48 hours it was all over for my GS3.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
What's stopping you? Buy it. Take it back if you don't like it. I saw one at a party, and I didn't want it but I wanted to know about it. I bought one just to check it out, fully expecting it to be too big, but after about 48 hours it was all over for my GS3.

I've got a few friends with Note 2's, I'll just use one of theirs.

Mohammad K

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I wish there would be an S pen with the S4. In spite of all comments that don't want an s pen, I think that would be awesome that S4 uses a pen. Perhaps some people have difficulties with the size of note devices and with this, they can also experience the the pleasure of using a pen in their devices.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I wish there would be an S pen with the S4. In spite of all comments that don't want an s pen, I think that would be awesome that S4 uses a pen. Perhaps some people have difficulties with the size of note devices and with this, they can also experience the the pleasure of using a pen in their devices.

Ok this seems kind of riduclous. The S4 is supposed to be 4.99" ~5" really. The first note was a 5.3" screen and the note 2 is 5.5" If people are really having difficulties with less than a half inch bigger on their phones, they have some problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11