Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Arrow Possible S-Pen?

    You guys think there will be an S-Pen on the GS4? I surely hope not as it would render the point to even buy a Galaxy Note/Note 2. Though I hear lots of rumors saying it will indeed have an S-pen
  2. #2  
    atomic_squid's Avatar

    Posts
    129 Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Well, part of the Note's appeal is its size. The S4 will not be that gargantuan, so giving it the S Pen is simply giving it to more people.

    Sent from my HTC One XL using Android Central Forums
    Optimus G Pro, running CarbonROM 4.3!
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    deesugar's Avatar

    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    There were some rumors a while ago but they have died down. It would be great to see the S Pen added to the S4 and would really separate it from the iPhone but would only happen if Samsung believed it would not harm the Note sales.

    Well see in the coming months.
  4. #4  
    Scott Kenyon's Avatar

    Posts
    2,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Initially the note 2's size was a drawback for me. I didn't want a huge handset. Being a small guy, the thought was the phone would be a problem in my pocket.
    The draw of the note 2, in my instance, was the utility of the software. I weighed pros and cons and eventually bought it.
    If the s4 had the pen, which was a huge pro on my list, but not multiwindow (which now is on the s3 and would seem to be a shoo in for the 4) I still would have chosen the note.
    The problem now is the fact that the note is very pocketable. I have no issues with one handed use our carrying it around even with a case on it. I don't think I could go back to anything smaller.
    All that said, is be surprised if the s4 gets the pen. The pen is what makes the "note" line what it is. Unless Sammy does away with the note name and gives every new device a pen as a core feature I don't forsee that happening.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    No. Too much like the Note 2. Screen size only an inch different. Why do we need it?

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    I think it all depends on how big they decide to make the Note 3. If it's over 6in like the rumors say then they may actually put a pen in the S4 since it's rumored to be 5in and the next Note may be too big for some. It would make both groups happy.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  7. #7  
    DannyUC6's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    If it has a pen....I wont buy it.
    AlphaVictor87 likes this.
  8. #8  
    deesugar's Avatar

    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    No. Too much like the Note 2. Screen size only an inch different. Why do we need it?
    I hate to break it to you but they are making a 8-inch note as well. So apparently there is a need for different sizes just like TV's.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanUC6 View Post
    If it has a pen....I wont buy it.
    Why? It's not like you're forced to use it.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  10. #10  
    DannyUC6's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Possible S-Pen?

    That's just it. If I don't need it I don't want it there.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanUC6 View Post
    That's just it. If I don't need it I don't want it there.
    It's on the side and doesn't have to be used though. Do you use every single feature of everything that you have?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  12. #12  
    DannyUC6's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    No but we are talking hardware, especially a part that can be easily lost. No thanks.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    I would not want it. I already have an S Pen on my Note 10.1 Tablet. I have gotten on just fine without it on my GS3.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    I can understand that and I'm not saying that I would use it either but if Samsung makes a great phone, one of the best phones out, then I could deal with it having a feature that I don't use. So I was just curious if there was any real reason, other than just cause it's just there, that someone may have.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    I would be very surprised if the S4 does not have an S Pen. There is no downside to it being there. Its inclusion would mean tremendous benefit to the consumer and the spreading of Samsung's unique technology to tens of millions of consumers - essentially changing the landscape of mobile technology as we know it today. If Samsung were to omit it at this point, that would be baffling.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  16. #16  
    DannyUC6's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Are you saying a stylus is a unique technology?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    I would be very surprised if the S4 does not have an S Pen. There is no downside to it being there. Its inclusion would mean tremendous benefit to the consumer and the spreading of Samsung's unique technology to tens of millions of consumers - essentially changing the landscape of mobile technology as we know it today. If Samsung were to omit it at this point, that would be baffling.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanUC6 View Post
    Are you saying a stylus is a unique technology?
    No, I'm saying Samsung's S Pen technology is unique.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  18. #18  
    GMJeff's Avatar

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Unless samsung is decuding to go away from using wacom tech in their screen for the digitizer, the resolution on the S4 would be downgraded. That is the reason for the lower resolution on the note line, so the s pen can function as it does.

    The S4 is slated to be Samsung's premier media consumption device, so expect it to have at least a 720p screen, possibly a 1080p. The higher the resolution, the less chance of a wacom s pen.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    No, I'm saying Samsung's S Pen technology is unique.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Actully it isn't, S Pen is based on Wacom's digitizer system that was around way before S Pen




    Only thing that is new about it fact that they interacted Wacom digitizer in to the screen as said above
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Why? You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Why? You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Actully it isn't, S Pen is based on Wacom's digitizer system that was around way before S Pen




    Only thing that is new about it fact that they interacted Wacom digitizer in to the screen as said above
    I don't think Wacom designed the S Pen apps or interface for Samsung. I would include all of that as a part of the S Pen technology, not just the Wacom digitizer. I also don't believe that Wacom has itself introduced the digitizer technology to the mass smartphone market, so Samsung is doing something unique in its introduction. Moreover, stylus haven't been popular with smart phones for about 5 years or so. A stylus is seen as a part of yesterday's smart phones ala Palm Treo. If Samsung were to release the S4 with the S Pen, that would all change. And others would soon follow.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    I don't think Wacom designed the S Pen apps or interface for Samsung. I would include all of that as a part of the S Pen technology, not just the Wacom digitizer. I also don't believe that Wacom has itself introduced the digitizer technology to the mass smartphone market, so Samsung is doing something unique in its introduction. Moreover, stylus haven't been popular with smart phones for about 5 years or so. A stylus is seen as a part of yesterday's smart phones ala Palm Treo. If Samsung were to release the S4 with the S Pen, that would all change. And others would soon follow.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    I think you not getting what is technology here Pressure sensitive stylus is technology here, applications are just as name saying.... a application of technology. Applications using stylus pressure is nothing new as pressure-sensitive stylus is nothing new, hovering actions is as old as mouse, in fact android supports this action for mouse too, all of this is just consequence of having this component.

    Yes, maybe this is new for smartphone and tablet market, but overall i don't see how this technology is unique, as it was around for long time before Notes showed up. It's not even Samasung technology to begin with, they just implemented Wacom's tech, glasses-less 3D is not Nintendo technology either as lot of people think, it's Sharp's tech.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    I don't think Wacom designed the S Pen apps or interface for Samsung. I would include all of that as a part of the S Pen technology, not just the Wacom digitizer. I also don't believe that Wacom has itself introduced the digitizer technology to the mass smartphone market, so Samsung is doing something unique in its introduction. Moreover, stylus haven't been popular with smart phones for about 5 years or so. A stylus is seen as a part of yesterday's smart phones ala Palm Treo. If Samsung were to release the S4 with the S Pen, that would all change. And others would soon follow.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    I remember hating styluses with those old personal organizers. :P S-Pen almost seems like something totally different. lol
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    I think you not getting what is technology here Pressure sensitive stylus is technology here, applications are just as name saying.... a application of technology. Applications using stylus pressure is nothing new as pressure-sensitive stylus is nothing new, hovering actions is as old as mouse, in fact android supports this action for mouse too, all of this is just consequence of having this component.

    Yes, maybe this is new for smartphone and tablet market, but overall i don't see how this technology is unique, as it was around for long time before Notes showed up. It's not even Samasung technology to begin with, they just implemented Wacom's tech, glasses-less 3D is not Nintendo technology either as lot of people think, it's Sharp's tech.
    According to your logic, in 2007 the iphone was nothing new because it was built around pre-existing technologies: multi-touch, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Yes, maybe this is new for smartphone and tablet market
    That's all I'm saying. We can agree that Samsung didn't invent the wheel.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Possible S-Pen?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    According to your logic, in 2007 the iphone was nothing new because it was built around pre-existing technologies: multi-touch, etc.
    Well both technologies was new for phones and tablets but yeah multi-touch tech actully comes from 1999 from comapny named Fingerworks which been acquired by Apple
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. is it possible to have more home screens?
    By McNooberson in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
  3. possible second thoughts
    By darkstar in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 10:42 AM
  4. Multi touch possibilities?
    By DougFNJ in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
  5. Question from a possible new user
    By Varelse in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B