1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Possible differences between international and U.S. versions?

A big drawback of the S3 was that the international and U.S. variants had differences that, in my opinion, crippled the U.S. devices. For one, they opted to go with the weaker Qualcomm dual core S4 chip because the Exynos wasn't ready for LTE. By doing this, the Wolfson audio chip (a huge feature to the device) was also removed and replaced with the much, much worse Qualcomm DAC. Of course, Samsung attempted to make up for this with the extra gig of ram and LTE, but to me it still didn't make up for it. So, obviously, my question is whether or not the Octa-Core CPU (the rumored processor) will be LTE ready or if we should be expecting an inferior Qualcomm or Tegra chip in the U.S. versions of the S4 this year. The answer could possibly depend on whether or not the S4 is my next phone.

Default Re: Possible differences between international and U.S. versions?

Exynos already has LTE. Plus the new Krait 400 is not "weaker." It's a powerhouse on its own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglemaniac View Post
    Exynos already has LTE. Plus the new Krait 400 is not "weaker." It's a powerhouse on its own.
    But it definitely won't include a Wolfson chip, which is much more important to me than a GPU that will allow me to play games I'm never going to play. Since the Exynos does have LTE, it shouldn't matter, though. I wonder how great the development community is going to be if all of the devices are essentially the same (excluding CDMA, of course).