This sucks!! Help! Do I go with Note 2 or hold out for S4

Kyrrell

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's the problem. My samsung charge, (which I absolutely hated) has died. Fortunately I am due for my upgrade. Wanted the S3, but now hear that the S4 may come out in March. So I am figuring I would go with the Note 2 so I would at least have the most updated unit of a late model device.

So this is where I need help, if I wait I for the S4, even though the release date is only speculation for now? If I do this I have to activate an older phone for 2 months or more (which would be the blackberry storm 2).
or
Do I go for the Note 2 right now.

Please help a dude out

SoJoYoung

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Story of my life. I plan to use my brother's iphone4 while he upgrades to a galaxy3 or note2 under the 2year contract. I wouldn't mind suffering with a older phone for the s4. #firstworldproblems

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Here's the problem. My samsung charge, (which I absolutely hated) has died. Fortunately I am due for my upgrade. Wanted the S3, but now hear that the S4 may come out in March. So I am figuring I would go with the Note 2 so I would at least have the most updated unit of a late model device.

So this is where I need help, if I wait I for the S4, even though the release date is only speculation for now? If I do this I have to activate an older phone for 2 months or more (which would be the blackberry storm 2).
or
Do I go for the Note 2 right now.

Please help a dude out

I would wait. I have almost bought a note 2 4 times now and said no I will wait. Sg3 was released last may. Its on a mostly yearly cycle so I think the April launch date will stick. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you wait, there's always going to be something "better" right around the corner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The Note2 is awesome. I am glad I have it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Not going to lie. Idc if 13 mp octo core 1080p phones start showing up. I am so satisfied with every aspect of this device,and I am happily staying put for a good while.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It won't boot up. It keeps getting to the start screen and just keeps rebooting. I can't even do a hard reset.
would you like to work on fixing it? i can send you in the right direction. or do it remotely , or you could even send it to me if you dont want to be bothered but i think we can get it working remotely

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
note 2, the GS4 is only going to be slightly newer, and the Note 2 will get the same software updates as the GS4. My dad's gs3 just got jellybean and only has half the "motion" features and settings tweaks that mine has. Under display you can change color reproduction like you do on a TV, who knows if the GS4 will have all the same features. 2 months is 1440 hours bro....

Kyrrell

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It's settled!. NOTE 2 IN THE HOUSE!!! I went to Best today. I found out that Target is selling the Note 2 for $199 and the S3 for $99. So long story short, the guy at Best Buy looked I'd up on line and gave me the price match, and even threw in a holster.
So happy I didn't go iPhone

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It's settled!. NOTE 2 IN THE HOUSE!!! I went to Best today. I found out that Target is selling the Note 2 for $199 and the S3 for $99. So long story short, the guy at Best Buy looked I'd up on line and gave me the price match, and even threw in a holster.
So happy I didn't go iPhone

Congrats, what are you going to do with the Droid charge, we can fix it and sell it.

omairangel

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a question. How do I post a new thread? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for MetroPCS Dual Core processor. I really love the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I want to buy it, but it is not avaialble on MetroPCS. I would have to get from Sprint, since they offer unlimited data. I want the Samsung Note 2 for really web browsing as well as phone calls. Is the Note 2 faster than the S3? Should I buy it from Sprint and forget about MetroPCS? Please someone help. Thanks...

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. How do I post a new thread? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for MetroPCS Dual Core processor. I really love the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I want to buy it, but it is not avaialble on MetroPCS. I would have to get from Sprint, since they offer unlimited data. I want the Samsung Note 2 for really web browsing as well as phone calls. Is the Note 2 faster than the S3? Should I buy it from Sprint and forget about MetroPCS? Please someone help. Thanks...

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote
attached is a picture of how to post a new thread........ i dont know much about Metro PCS or sprint i have verzion so i can not help you there

Attachments

• Captusre.PNG
    Captusre.PNG
    66.6 KB · Views: 36

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The GN2 is a great device and for those who want the screen space its perfect. IF, Samsung announces the GS4 in March/April time frame I don't see Verizon picking it up until mid summer, think June/July again since the GS3 came to them in July and when was the last time Verizon did ANYTHING on time or ahead of another carrier that didn't cost us big time in the wallet. They will want to milk the GS3 upgrades as long as they can and then roll out the GS4. I wish I had a GS3 right now, perhaps I will soon and when the GS4 rolls out that too will be tempting but I may leave Verizon to when it comes out. The GN2 bootloader update crap they pulled has turned me off.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
When the S4 comes out, another rumored device will be only 3 months away (but it will take 5 to actually get here).

Seriously, I feel your pain, but this is the never-ending dilemma of buying smartphones.

If it were me, there's no way I could live with a Storm 2 (and yes, I did own one of those) for even a few weeks. I'd bite the bullet and get a new device now. Look at it this way, your next update will come that much sooner!

EDIT: Don't forget, release date(s) floating around for the S4 are just rumors, it could definitely be later than March. Not sure what your carrier is, but also remember that Verizon, for example, didn't release the S3 for a good 3 months after the international version came out. My point is you could be waiting a very long time.

Last edited:

Kyrrell

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit I am really digging the note2. This is pretty awesome. I still can't figure out everything but I'm loving it best phone I've had so far

Kyrrell

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit I am really digging the note2. This is pretty awesome. I still can't figure out everything but I'm loving it best phone I've had so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci