Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  • 1 Post By aaronbuescher
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This sucks!! Help! Do I go with Note 2 or hold out for S4

Here's the problem. My samsung charge, (which I absolutely hated) has died. Fortunately I am due for my upgrade. Wanted the S3, but now hear that the S4 may come out in March. So I am figuring I would go with the Note 2 so I would at least have the most updated unit of a late model device.

So this is where I need help, if I wait I for the S4, even though the release date is only speculation for now? If I do this I have to activate an older phone for 2 months or more (which would be the blackberry storm 2).
    or
    Do I go for the Note 2 right now.

Please help a dude out

Default Re: This sucks!! Help! Do I go with Note 2 or hold out for S4

Story of my life. I plan to use my brother's iphone4 while he upgrades to a galaxy3 or note2 under the 2year contract. I wouldn't mind suffering with a older phone for the s4. #firstworldproblems
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just don't wanna get it right now and have the new one come out next month. Aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrrell View Post
    Here's the problem. My samsung charge
    How did it Die?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Here's the problem. My samsung charge, (which I absolutely hated) has died. Fortunately I am due for my upgrade. Wanted the S3, but now hear that the S4 may come out in March. So I am figuring I would go with the Note 2 so I would at least have the most updated unit of a late model device.

So this is where I need help, if I wait I for the S4, even though the release date is only speculation for now? If I do this I have to activate an older phone for 2 months or more (which would be the blackberry storm 2).
    or
    Do I go for the Note 2 right now.

Please help a dude out
    I would wait. I have almost bought a note 2 4 times now and said no I will wait. Sg3 was released last may. Its on a mostly yearly cycle so I think the April launch date will stick. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The Note2 is awesome. I am glad I have it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

If you wait, there's always going to be something "better" right around the corner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    The Note2 is awesome. I am glad I have it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Not going to lie. Idc if 13 mp octo core 1080p phones start showing up. I am so satisfied with every aspect of this device,and I am happily staying put for a good while.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

It won't boot up. It keeps getting to the start screen and just keeps rebooting. I can't even do a hard reset.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

It won't boot up. It keeps getting to the start screen and just keeps rebooting. I can't even do a hard reset.
    would you like to work on fixing it? i can send you in the right direction. or do it remotely , or you could even send it to me if you dont want to be bothered but i think we can get it working remotely
    Vanilla Ice likes this.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

note 2, the GS4 is only going to be slightly newer, and the Note 2 will get the same software updates as the GS4. My dad's gs3 just got jellybean and only has half the "motion" features and settings tweaks that mine has. Under display you can change color reproduction like you do on a TV, who knows if the GS4 will have all the same features. 2 months is 1440 hours bro....
    robcassman likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by acbuescher View Post
    2 months is 1440 hours bro....
    Lmao:thumbup:

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

It's settled!. NOTE 2 IN THE HOUSE!!! I went to Best today. I found out that Target is selling the Note 2 for $199 and the S3 for $99. So long story short, the guy at Best Buy looked I'd up on line and gave me the price match, and even threw in a holster.
    So happy I didn't go iPhone

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

It's settled!. NOTE 2 IN THE HOUSE!!! I went to Best today. I found out that Target is selling the Note 2 for $199 and the S3 for $99. So long story short, the guy at Best Buy looked I'd up on line and gave me the price match, and even threw in a holster.
    Congrats, what are you going to do with the Droid charge, we can fix it and sell it.

I have a question. How do I post a new thread? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for MetroPCS Dual Core processor. I really love the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I want to buy it, but it is not avaialble on MetroPCS. I would have to get from Sprint, since they offer unlimited data. I want the Samsung Note 2 for really web browsing as well as phone calls. Is the Note 2 faster than the S3? Should I buy it from Sprint and forget about MetroPCS? Please someone help. Thanks...

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by omairangel View Post
    I have a question. How do I post a new thread? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for MetroPCS Dual Core processor. I really love the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I want to buy it, but it is not avaialble on MetroPCS. I would have to get from Sprint, since they offer unlimited data. I want the Samsung Note 2 for really web browsing as well as phone calls. Is the Note 2 faster than the S3? Should I buy it from Sprint and forget about MetroPCS? Please someone help. Thanks...

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote
    attached is a picture of how to post a new thread........ i dont know much about Metro PCS or sprint i have verzion so i can not help you there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This sucks!! Help! Do I go with Note 2 or hold out for S4-captusre.png  

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

The GN2 is a great device and for those who want the screen space its perfect. IF, Samsung announces the GS4 in March/April time frame I don't see Verizon picking it up until mid summer, think June/July again since the GS3 came to them in July and when was the last time Verizon did ANYTHING on time or ahead of another carrier that didn't cost us big time in the wallet. They will want to milk the GS3 upgrades as long as they can and then roll out the GS4. I wish I had a GS3 right now, perhaps I will soon and when the GS4 rolls out that too will be tempting but I may leave Verizon to when it comes out. The GN2 bootloader update crap they pulled has turned me off.

When the S4 comes out, another rumored device will be only 3 months away (but it will take 5 to actually get here).

Seriously, I feel your pain, but this is the never-ending dilemma of buying smartphones.

If it were me, there's no way I could live with a Storm 2 (and yes, I did own one of those) for even a few weeks. I'd bite the bullet and get a new device now. Look at it this way, your next update will come that much sooner!

EDIT: Don't forget, release date(s) floating around for the S4 are just rumors, it could definitely be later than March. Not sure what your carrier is, but also remember that Verizon, for example, didn't release the S3 for a good 3 months after the international version came out. My point is you could be waiting a very long time.
    Last edited by paintdrinkingpete; 01-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I have to admit I am really digging the note2. This is pretty awesome. I still can't figure out everything but I'm loving it best phone I've had so far
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I have to admit I am really digging the note2. This is pretty awesome. I still can't figure out everything but I'm loving it best phone I've had so far

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Since it is soooo close to the release of S4, I would wait for it to come out. I am sure there will be surprises in there that won't be beaten by Note 2.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

oops... didn't notice this... Are you OK with the size of the Note 2?
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

I was really stoked about this phone when the rumour mill started. I was hoping to replace my old Thunderbolt with it. Now that I am reading about all the "downgrades" to it, I might just go for the note 2 as target has it for $199.00
    If only I took the rest of my life as seriously as I am taking this phone!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi#AC View Post
    I was really stoked about this phone when the rumour mill started. I was hoping to replace my old Thunderbolt with it. Now that I am reading about all the "downgrades" to it, I might just go for the note 2 as target has it for $199.00
    Where did you get the Samsung press release telling about the "downgrades"?

Oh, you mean the unsubstantiated hype and FUD roller coaster that always precedes a release.

Anyway, if I were the OP, I would have probably bought a $50 off contract phone from Ebay or some such to wait out the announcements. Yes, in 3 to 6 months there will always be something newer, but at the same time, this particular time of year (right before and after MWC) one month of waiting will give you a clear indicator of about 75% of what will be available for the next 6 to 9 months.

-Suntan