Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree80Likes

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Re: Would you like stock android on the S4?

I hope they do not switch to there own operating system. Interested if all the eye scrolling is true.

ROM
    Blazer 1.4 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Oh no don't say that. Its not cool and you gotta want something that's not already on there and have to be different. Its almost against the law to like tw, blur, etc.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Its cool in the tech world to go vanilla. But im okay with not being cool. Its about productivity. I need my calendar app, my bookmarks, my clock widget and so on. Why pay extra from the market when TW gives it to you for free?
    Droids!

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by charlie hustle View Post
    Its cool in the tech world to go vanilla. But im okay with not being cool. Its about productivity. I need my calendar app, my bookmarks, my clock widget and so on. Why pay extra from the market when TW gives it to you for free?
    What you on about? My Nexus 4 has all that stock on stock android and the experience is the best of all UI.

I am contemplating looking at the GS4 when released. Only downfall of the N4 is only 16gb of storage which is stupid! Other than that, this phone is still brilliant!

Every serious android lover has both and switches back and forth...I do not mind touch wiz because it is handy, but I just wish they did not bloat the phones up so much and then not allow you to uninstall without root. I love my s pen on my Note 2! But I also love to customize, that is why I love my Nexus 4, no bloat and nothing that I do not want. Most carrier phones have 8 to 16 apps of BLOATWARE!
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    5,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have owned a ton of Android phones, Droid phones, Galaxy 1, 3 and soon 4, Moto X phones etc, and a Galaxy Nexus and even though pure Android has its benefits (not on Verizon) with immediate updates (unless you are on Verizon) I feel Samsung is doing some cool things with Android OS and putting the features on it that Google isn't. Now at least Samsung has already stated publicly that the GS3 (which came with 4.0, upgraded to 4.1) and the GS4 (coming with 4.2.2) will both be getting KLP 5.0 and that is something no other Android OEM has stated yet. I am glad we will have the latest OS at launch and sure KLP will be announced but isn't the norm for Google to launch a new Nexus phone in the fall with the new OS so we will see something by Spring next year which is fine by me.

It's really a matter of personal preference. I'm not opposed to custom ui's but I prefer stock Android. Why? Because then I can skin my phone myself. Most of the custom features the oems give you can be added by installing apps from the play store. Also alot of the oems ui's get in the way of that ie sense for instance runs slower if you don't use all sense apps, and sense won't easily let you run another launcher for instance. Yeah you can still use one but it'll clear defaults constantly and the "rosie" launcher will continue to run in the background, using cpu, ram, and battery.

It just depends what you want. Do you want a feature packed phone that's ready go with a ton of features out of the box that requires minimum set up? If so, then you want a phone with a custom ui. Or do you want to tweak everything to your liking and choose what apps you use? If so get a nexus.

As for the gs4, I can guarantee cyanogenmod will come to it for those who like to tinker

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

you guys will eventually get aosp roms.

Global Posts
    5,206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I don't mind touchwiz as a UI, but I wouldn't mind keeping all of the fancy features Samsung puts in but with the AOSP UI. I would like to see more custom ROMs and really want the Omega ROM on my GS4 if they support the AT&T version (they couldn't do it for the Verizon GN2). So I like the work that the ROM community builds upon and honestly even if it comes with a stock UI I would likely put something on it anyways, I get bored easily and like to try new things.

(There was this one time at band camp . . . American Pie, gotta love it)

Hm, What do I WANT?

In Addition to Key (For Me) Hardware Features
    Non-Intigrated Battery, SD Card Slot, Good Screen

64GB Internal Memory
    No Unwanted, Non-User Removable Software forced on me by my carrier.
    Kickstand (Not Likely, but a guy can wish)
    10-16MP Rear Camera 3+MP front
    Decent Audio App that can also play Shoutcast Streaming Media.
    Android version of VLC Media Player
    Open Office for Android
    Coverage where I Live. (not joking, I have to drive 20 miles to get a signal)
    Star Trek Transporter + Replicator (j/k)

bout it.
    Phone: Evo 4G

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Nope. I've rooted my s3 to have pure stock cm 10.1; I feel like that's the better option. I'm just assuming but I think people who would want it stock would just root and be happy. Samsung would lose to many potential sales to scrap all their touchwiz features.

Edit: there are a few good launchers that bring the look/feel of pure Google while retaining the touchwiz things.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Same thoughts here. Love my Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Lmao who would of thought? This thread seemed like a pipe dream a couple months ago but today it became a reality!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345