Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jcp007
  • 1 Post By NoYankees44
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Default Sammobile rumor: No AMOLED in Galaxy SIV, other rumored specs given

BREAKING: Samsung ditches own AMOLED and EXYNOS inside new Galaxy S IV |SamMobile

"The Galaxy S IV uses a 4,99″ Full-HD SoLux Display we have no information if this is based on LCD3 like the HTC One. But a couple of months ago we posted the first hint regarding Samsungs LCD factory is ready to produce Full HD panels from early 2013. And we also know Samsungs AMOLED factory does have many problems with the production of full HD AMOLED screens."

"- 4,99″ Full-HD SoLux Display
    - Snapdragon 600 1.9 Ghz
    - 2 GB RAM
    - 16, 32 or 64 GB
    - 13 Megapixel
    - 140.1 x 71.8 x 7.7mm
    - 138 gram
    - Home button with touch buttons
    - Plastic back with aluminium sides
    - Removable battery
    - Black / White"

If this is the case, with no AMOLED, is it actually a bad thing? I know people like AMOLED for the nice blacks, but I definitely preferred the HTC One X screen over my Samsung Galaxy S3 screen...

Default Re: Sammobile rumor: No AMOLED in Galaxy SIV, other rumored specs given

If there is one spec that I would have liked to have had on my GS3 would be an LCD full HD display. You really notice it in really bright sunlight. I am fine with the Snapdragon processor at 1.9 Ghz as it is a phone and not a tablet or laptop.
    unopepito06 likes this.

Good, if true. Current LCDs are a clear winner over AMOLED.

whats a solux display is it better than amoled ?

ROM
    Viper

This will be a huge improvement if true. One of the only flaws with the s3 is the screen...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    unopepito06 likes this.

I love the contrast of Amoled.... the vivid colors. Only if Amoled could advance and surpass LCD.

But right now LCD looks much better....

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Don't mind the Snapdragon. I'll love to see 13 mega on it though! I think that'll be pretty niffy. Kinda bummed about the plastic though

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I wouldn't mind. I love the colors on the AMOLED screen, but it's barely visible in direct sunlight.

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by jimjr03 View Post
    I wouldn't mind. I love the colors on the AMOLED screen, but it's barely visible in direct sunlight.
    Depends on which amoled. The razr amoled was the best screen hands down for sunlight versus the htc thunderbolt and the iphones at that time. I was actually blown away at the clarity in direct sunlight. It reminded me of the best buy dummy phones.
    Last edited by Serial Fordicator; 02-27-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Depends on which amoled. The razr amoled was the best screen thumbs down for sunlight versus the htc thunderbolt and the iphones at that time. I was actually blown away at the clarity in direct sunlight. It reminded me of the best buy dummy phones.
    I wish I could say the same about my S3