What DON't You Want to See on the S4?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery size smaller than 2400 mAh and the S Pen. The GS4 needs a larger battery. The S Pen makes it too much like the Note 2. The Galaxy S line needs to maintain its brand identity.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
dont want the charger on the bottom or sides. Would want it on top to set it in my cup holder. and headphone jack similar to my maxx

davidkim1106

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
looks like a lot of people dont want to see a physical home button... but i consider it as a one of distinctive characteristics of galaxy s series along with amoled display and plastic body.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with the button, plastic, etc.
I don't want a larger screen.
I do want more battery.
I don't want carrier installed apps you can't frikkin uninstall.
I do want my SD card.
I don't want Samsung-only features.
No Touch Wiz. But that's gonna be there no matter what I want.

Oh yeah. I want that STUPID USB PORT GONE. At least gone for charging. I'm sorry, but Apple with their Lightening connector did it right. It's time for the micro-USB to die as a power carrying connector and be replaced with something more robust and suited for carrying large charging currents.

Last edited:

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
dont want the charger on the bottom or sides. Would want it on top to set it in my cup holder. and headphone jack similar to my maxx
I agree with the logic, but think it would interfere with most people wanting to use a desktop or car dock. Myself included.

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I want that STUPID USB PORT GONE. At least gone for charging. I'm sorry, but Apple with their Lightening connector did it right. It's time for the micro-USB to die as a power carrying connector and be replaced with something more robust and suited for carrying large charging currents.

But microUSB is standard and supports the same wattage that even the iPad 4's charger delivers. It's now rated to deliver 1800-2000+mA safely which equates to 10 watts at 5v.

I don't know of many who saw Lightning as a good move..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
But microUSB is standard and supports the same wattage that even the iPad 4's charger delivers. It's now rated to deliver 1800-2000+mA safely which equates to 10 watts at 5v.

I don't know of many who saw Lightning as a good move..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Micro USB as a power connector is a kludge. It's fragile, finicky and was never designed for the purpose. People complain about Lightening because it's not a standard, but know what? People complained about USB too. When it's time to move on, it's time. I know it won't happen, but I'm starting a revolt as of today. Now where are my torches and pitchforks?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Micro USB as a power connector is a kludge. It's fragile, finicky and was never designed for the purpose. People complain about Lightening because it's not a standard, but know what? People complained about USB too. When it's time to move on, it's time. I know it won't happen, but I'm starting a revolt as of today. Now where are my torches and pitchforks?

It won't happen cause it doesn't need to. That's why people get POGO chargers, microUSB is great for many other things. Plus, they complain about Lightning because it meant they had to buy all new accessories for their devices, it was little more than a cash grab despite how good it is for charging.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It won't happen cause it doesn't need to. That's why people get POGO chargers, microUSB is great for many other things. Plus, they complain about Lightning because it meant they had to buy all new accessories for their devices, it was little more than a cash grab despite how good it is for charging.

I don't see where having to buy new accessories ever made a difference to any makers. When Motorola went from the Razr Maxx to the Razr Maxx HD, they utterly obsoleted all the docks for the old Maxx, which cost a H*** of a lot more than a $5 charger. I had both a car and bedside dock. $80 worth of docks. Both down the toilet.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When Motorola went from the Razr Maxx to the Razr Maxx HD, they utterly obsoleted all the docks for the old Maxx, which cost a H*** of a lot more than a $5 charger. I had both a car and bedside dock. $80 worth of docks. Both down the toilet.
Have you seen how much Apple accessories cost? Most Apple fans pay way more than 80 bucks for their accessories and now that's down the drain to buy the usually-overpriced Apple accessories that actually fir the new connector now.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen how much Apple accessories cost? Most Apple fans pay way more than 80 bucks for their accessories and now that's down the drain to buy the usually-overpriced Apple accessories that actually fir the new connector now.

Yup, I have. That's one reason I dumped Apple. But the point is you can't use the argument that you can't take away peoples micro-USB because there would be an uproar. It's not the first time it's happened. I remember Blackberry going from mini to micro USB and offering a $10, 3 inch long adapter. No one said a word, or if they did it was a very quiet riot. Micro USB can and should be dumped for a more robust connector. Then THAT will become a standard and everyone will have one until someone else thinks changing connectors to another design is a good idea and there will be ANOTHER uproar. That's progress.

And now you can get Lightening adapters and chargers for next to nothing. It took about seconds to rip it off and sell them for pennies on the dollar. Apple prices are inflated anyway.

Torches and pitchforks! I'm telling you! It has to be done.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple prices are inflated anyway.
That's an understatement. And the argument can be made, not cause it's a good one but because it would happen for sure. People don't like change when it comes to certain things but demand it for others. It's kinda weird.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I personally have no problem with micro usb and wouldn't be happy if they changed it. I also don't think a new standard is coming, in Europe they're trying to not even send phones with chargers anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I have. That's one reason I dumped Apple. But the point is you can't use the argument that you can't take away peoples micro-USB because there would be an uproar. It's not the first time it's happened. I remember Blackberry going from mini to micro USB and offering a $10, 3 inch long adapter. No one said a word, or if they did it was a very quiet riot. Micro USB can and should be dumped for a more robust connector. Then THAT will become a standard and everyone will have one until someone else thinks changing connectors to another design is a good idea and there will be ANOTHER uproar. That's progress.

And now you can get Lightening adapters and chargers for next to nothing. It took about seconds to rip it off and sell them for pennies on the dollar. Apple prices are inflated anyway.

Torches and pitchforks! I'm telling you! It has to be done.

Micro USB is the standard for android phones, and its not going no where.