Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Default Re: What DON't You Want to See on the S4?

I don't want it to be just one solid device so I could put a bigger battery or place a SD card in there. Or to have a crappy battery on it..and out of date software. Lets have it ship the the latest stuff!

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

No bloat. Give me everything else, but keep Verizon and promos out of my app drawer.
    Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Two major issues for me
    1. I would hate to see S4 lose external storage like HTC ONE. Even if they increase internal storage, external storage is King/Queen IMO. Inconsistent data connections hinder Cloud storage adoption. Drop Box and Google Music are marginally useable due to data issues.
    2. I don't want to see battery below 3000mAh unless the Exonos 5 Octa is excellent at power management allowing S4 to outlast Note 2. S3's battery wasn't that great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTH477 View Post
    Two major issues for me
    1. I would hate to see S4 lose external storage like HTC ONE. Even if they increase internal storage, external storage is King/Queen IMO. Inconsistent data connections hinder Cloud storage adoption. Drop Box and Google Music are marginally useable due to data issues.
    2. I don't want to see battery below 3000mAh unless the Exonos 5 Octa is excellent at power management allowing S4 to outlast Note 2. S3's battery wasn't that great for me.
    Its going to run snapdragon 600
    Why Shake The Dice If Your Never Going To Roll

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

I don't want to see a locked bootloader.

CM9 FTW.

I don't want a physical home button, plastic body or a battery with less than 3000 mAh out of the box

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

A sh*tton of bloatware
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

I don't want to see all the endless *****ing clog up these forums when it releases with a plastic back and a physical home button...

Seriously, stop with the home button whining. Anyone that isn't sorted with the design direction Samsung has clearly carved out for itself over the last year should really just move on. Moto is offering onscreen buttons over that way.

-Suntan
    Last edited by Suntan; 02-25-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    meyerweb and AlphaVictor87 like this.

I don't want the physical/capacitive buttons but this is the brand image now so there's no chance they'll get rid of them.
    Hopefully they'll make the next nexus based on this phone and not have these buttons

Everyone knows that it 100% will NOT ship with Key Lime Pie right? It won't even get announced until May at I/O. Probably won't see KLP(or whatever 5.0 is) until Fall 2013 at the least (or fall 2015 for us VZW folks). I would like it to see it ship with 4.2 which I'm sure it will since leaks for the GS3 4.2 have recently surfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by orchidsbloom View Post
    Do we know what the cost is rumored to be for the S4?
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryhumor View Post
    Based on previous releases, the individual carriers will anounce that, within a few days to ride the coat tails of Samsung's announcement. My guess, the magical $199 (32 gb) - $249 (64 gb) range.
    Many I'm sure are more interested in the *actual* price, not the US carrier subsidized price. I'd have to guess it will start at $699

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    I DON'T WANT TO SEE TOUCHWIZ OR A PHYSICAL HOME BUTTON!

lol...but I'm sure it'll have it all.
    It will have TouchWiz. That's Samsung's brand. Touchwiz includes every single feature that they focus on in their advertising. Granted, many may not care about S-Beam or S-Voice or S-[fill in the blank], but that doesn't change that it is the heart of what Samsung attempts to showcase -- what sets a SAMSUNG phone apart from a Motorola or an HTC. Many of us don't necessary care about the brand, we want the best Android phone, but each manufacturer wants people to want THEIR brand of phone. There's no use wishing for it, asking for it, or getting upset about it; thankfully, Nexus devices are available for those who just want "Android" (Unless you're committed to Verizon, of course...but that's not exactly Samsung's problem).

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    Everyone knows that it 100% will NOT ship with Key Lime Pie right? It won't even get announced until May at I/O. Probably won't see KLP(or whatever 5.0 is) until Fall 2013 at the least (or fall 2015 for us VZW folks). I would like it to see it ship with 4.2 which I'm sure it will since leaks for the GS3 4.2 have recently surfaced.
    Logically, yes, that's obvioius. I can't imagine it wouldn't ship with the latest OS available during phone development, which is most likely 4.2.2. Given the time-frame though, it definitely should be KLP capable, and an official update should be expected. None the less, within several hours of KLP being announced, there will be 100s of threads created here to the tune of "When will we get KLP?!?"

For me, I love the S3, and it's sold Samsung millions, so they'd be foolish to change a whole lot (although that has certainly never stopped manufacturers before!). I'm looking best available processor, enough RAM to handle what I need and then some...and that's about it. Home button, no home button...whatever, it doesn't bother me now, but I could live without it too.

Quote Originally Posted by kris.richards View Post
    If it doesn't, sales will probably suffer a little.

- Update overall look of TouchWiz
    - Improve battery life
    - 2500+ mAh battery
    - Remove physical home button
    - Ship with KLP
    - NOT another AMOLED display

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    I DON'T WANT TO SEE TOUCHWIZ OR A PHYSICAL HOME BUTTON!

lol...but I'm sure it'll have it all.
    I was waiting on that post :P . I don't mind it since I use nova but maybe they will revamp it up, who knows.
    Bye iPhone Hello Samsung GS3

Things I'd like not to see:

Buttons in the non-standard layout. (They could be onscreen or capacative, but at least make them the same layout/function as stock)
    Touchwiz! (Yea, yeah, I know. But it IS a wishlist. I'd actually love if they'd offer developer versions where TW could be disabled, even if it meant a warranty loss.)
    Plasticy body. (Carbon fiber aluminium, cast iron.. something premium for the flagship device.)
    Small, removeable battery. (Learn from moto. Big internal battery, still thin phone.)

Battery size smaller than 2400 mAh and the S Pen. The GS4 needs a larger battery. The S Pen makes it too much like the Note 2. The Galaxy S line needs to maintain its brand identity.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Different carrier variants
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...

dont want the charger on the bottom or sides. Would want it on top to set it in my cup holder. and headphone jack similar to my maxx
    VDub2174 likes this.

looks like a lot of people dont want to see a physical home button... but i consider it as a one of distinctive characteristics of galaxy s series along with amoled display and plastic body.

I'm fine with the button, plastic, etc.
    I don't want a larger screen.
    I do want more battery.
    I don't want carrier installed apps you can't frikkin uninstall.
    I do want my SD card.
    I don't want Samsung-only features.
    No Touch Wiz. But that's gonna be there no matter what I want.

Oh yeah. I want that STUPID USB PORT GONE. At least gone for charging. I'm sorry, but Apple with their Lightening connector did it right. It's time for the micro-USB to die as a power carrying connector and be replaced with something more robust and suited for carrying large charging currents.
    Last edited by MikeLip; 02-27-2013 at 10:49 AM.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXTX View Post
    dont want the charger on the bottom or sides. Would want it on top to set it in my cup holder. and headphone jack similar to my maxx
    I agree with the logic, but think it would interfere with most people wanting to use a desktop or car dock. Myself included.
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    I want that STUPID USB PORT GONE. At least gone for charging. I'm sorry, but Apple with their Lightening connector did it right. It's time for the micro-USB to die as a power carrying connector and be replaced with something more robust and suited for carrying large charging currents.
    But microUSB is standard and supports the same wattage that even the iPad 4's charger delivers. It's now rated to deliver 1800-2000+mA safely which equates to 10 watts at 5v.

I don't know of many who saw Lightning as a good move..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    TheLibertarian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by friendscatdied View Post
    But microUSB is standard and supports the same wattage that even the iPad 4's charger delivers. It's now rated to deliver 1800-2000+mA safely which equates to 10 watts at 5v.

I don't know of many who saw Lightning as a good move..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Micro USB as a power connector is a kludge. It's fragile, finicky and was never designed for the purpose. People complain about Lightening because it's not a standard, but know what? People complained about USB too. When it's time to move on, it's time. I know it won't happen, but I'm starting a revolt as of today. Now where are my torches and pitchforks?

A cheap plastic build quality. Up your game Samsung!
    Thanked by:
    BEARD GANG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    Micro USB as a power connector is a kludge. It's fragile, finicky and was never designed for the purpose. People complain about Lightening because it's not a standard, but know what? People complained about USB too. When it's time to move on, it's time. I know it won't happen, but I'm starting a revolt as of today. Now where are my torches and pitchforks?
    It won't happen cause it doesn't need to. That's why people get POGO chargers, microUSB is great for many other things. Plus, they complain about Lightning because it meant they had to buy all new accessories for their devices, it was little more than a cash grab despite how good it is for charging.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast