What DON't You Want to See on the S4?

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still so happy with my S3, I don't know what they could offer in the S4 to make me want to pay the ETF to get it. I'm only 8 months into my current 2 year contract.

What I wouldn't want:
A bigger screen.
Features that only work together with other S4's
A thicker case, even if it means a bigger/better battery
Weight is not an issue, except when I drop it on my hardwood floor.

I hope there is some discussion as to what will be in Key Lime Pie.

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Based on previous releases, the individual carriers will anounce that, within a few days to ride the coat tails of Samsung's announcement. My guess, the magical $199 (32 gb) - $249 (64 gb) range.

chgoflip10

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to see the PLASTIC build first and foremost and also physical HOME & capacitive buttons below at the bottom of the screen. A not-so-clean look of the TouchWiz UI, but I may be asking too much :(

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to see a physical home button (or any buttons), and I don't want to see a different processor in the US (LTE) versions.

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE to see the nfc commands automatically toggle on and off when placing on, and removing from a tag.

Last edited:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
What I DON'T want to see:

4.1.2 (4.2 or higher please!)
Snapdragon 600 (800 please!)
Adreno 320 (see above, 330 please!)
Physical home button
Even bigger Touchwiz (it'd be nice if they really de-bloated Touchwiz)
Same competitive but not great Galaxy S3 camera
16 GB version - follow HTC's lead and go 32GB and up
Trendy metal/other back that prevents removable battery/microsd

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but from what I read the SIV will have a home button. Let's hope I'm wrong...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't want any physical or capacitive buttons. On screen only please.
Current TouchWhiz look and feel which is based on froyo/gingerbread. Please evolve TouchWhiz to follow the Holo guidelines. I am tired of seeing the gingerbread header bars on menus and gallery. Icon scaling needs serious work as well as the dialer and notification toggels take up way too much room.
Any version of android pre-4.2.2
Pentile display. Sure at high res its not as noticeable, but I swear the non-pentile GS2 had far better color accuracy than the GS1 or GS3. It will never be LCD levels of accuracy, but a little closer to true color would be nice.
Lack of wireless charging built in. Nothing irritates me more than the broken promise of a Samsung wireless charging back for me GS3 and I can't find a 3rd party blue option anywhere.
16GB storage. Seriously is it still 2009? No flagship series phone should come with less than 32GB anymore.

flyguydip

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizons tramp stamp all over the front and back. Or the constant notifications about switching to wifi. I wouldn't want any android version lower than 4.2.2. No integrated battery. Must have expandable storage with minimum 32 gb. No proprietary cables. Needs to have sim card. No carrier software.

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I would hope with the amount of money Samsung profited from the S2 and the S3 that they would some of that money into better materials instead of plastic. To me the S4 will be good no matter what they do.

Kenn Brown

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
We pretty much agree on this topic, no more cheap plastic housing, No physical HOME button, and please NO S-PEN should be placed on the S4.

flyguydip

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind a physical button or even capacitive. I figure, if I bought a phone with a giant display, then I want to use the entire display for content, not navigation. But if there is going to be a physical button, don't you dare tattoo that verizon crap all over it.

I think of it like a TV. I don't buy a tv with an advertized size of 50" but 46" viewable because there are onscreen buttons or some crap like that. I buy a 50" tv knowing that when I watch a movie, i'm going to get 50" of sweet resolution!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This is what I think it must have:
- SD Card slot (don't care what they include in it, I can always get a bigger one)
- Removable battery

I'm going to be paying FULL price since I want my grandfather Unlimited Data Plan, so I don't care about the discounted price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae