Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree66Likes

Default Re: What DON't You Want to See on the S4?

No more plastic, amoled, and tinny sounding speakers, no TW.
    I might as well go or htc one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kinslow View Post
    What can possibly be a benefit to eliminating a physical home button? Why waste screen real estate?
    Right.

Wasting screen space sucks

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

I don't want to see a phone which looks like it will break on a 1ft drop. I also want them to drop touchwiz and stick to stock android, but include the features such as multi-window and paint artist.
    I don't want a phone that takes 5seconds to load your contacts or dialer. Better memory management basically.

ROM
    OEM

home button

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I don't want it to be tooo fast.... I like the s3's slowness.

On a serious note, I DO NOT want the stupid physical home button. My S3 button already having issues after only 6 months of use.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

What can possibly be a benefit to eliminating a physical home button? Why waste screen real estate?
    How about hardware malfunction rate of due to the physical button. If they keep the home button, I hope they go for a touch one instead of a physical one.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

I don't wanna see AMOLED screens. I absolutely hate the color saturation on the Galaxy devices.
    The Hustleman likes this.

The things that have kept me away from Samsung are the Super AMOLED screens, Touchwiz and that cheap slippery plastic they use. What they need to add are the wireless charging, which I believe they are, as is Apple. As far as a non removable battery, I get 2+ days on my DNA using it as a phone and 12 hours with moderate usage (3-4 hours of email, Web and forums), and as far as removable storage, Android is moving away from that, cloud storage is a good alternative (in my 3+ years using Android, I have yet to fill an 8gb SD card), although I do know those that need 1000's of songs (which by the time you listened to all of them they would be classics... lol) and a bunch of movies on their phones. Speaking of music, now I'm going to have to start a new topic about it. Just a hint: Can anyone name any 3 modern groups/artists combined that have outsold any 1 group/artist from my generation (Elvis Presley, The Beatles or Michael Jackson/The Jackson 5), I'll bet you can't lol.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Imnutsnj View Post
    Just a hint: Can anyone name any 3 modern groups/artists combined that have outsold any 1 group/artist from my generation (Elvis Presley, The Beatles or Michael Jackson/The Jackson 5), I'll bet you can't lol.

This is unfair to ask. Since those Artists have at the very least 20years of sales more than modern groups. That's like comparing who has the bigger foot me or my 11month old son

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    This is unfair to ask. Since those Artists have at the very least 20years of sales more than modern groups. That's like comparing who has the bigger foot me or my 11month old son

60s to 80s, so I'll give you from 85 to present day and Michael Jackson is out since he's from my generation lol

60s to 80s. I'll give you 85 to present day, that's almost 30 years Michael Jackson is out since he's from my generation lol good luck!

(remember you can combine 3 modern day artists vs any ONE of mine, I'm even giving you 27 years)

All kidding aside, it can't be done. It was a very different and special time in music that will never be duplicated. I am glad to see more singer songwriters coming out again.

I don't want a nexus. There is a phone for those who want a nexus, it's called the nexus line. I don't want on screen buttons, I want my screen used for screen things. I do think want stock Android on it, I could always flash it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Lucki 

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

60s to 80s. I'll give you 85 to present day, that's almost 30 years Michael Jackson is out since he's from my generation lol good luck!

(remember you can combine 3 modern day artists vs any ONE of mine, I'm even giving you 27 years)

All kidding aside, it can't be done. It was a very different and special time in music that will never be duplicated. I am glad to see more singer songwriters coming out again.

Madonna, Mariah Carrey, Celine Dion. Done

If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Madonna, Mariah Carrey, Celine Dion. Done

The three of them combined still didn't do it, not even close. Did you know if you put all of the Beatles /Paul McCartney hits on the charts back to back instead of many at once, as was often the case, he/ they by what I understand would have been on the billboard charts for 35 consecutive years. Even if it were just 5 it would have been incredible. As far as Michael Jackson "Thriller" best selling album in the history of music, not to mention all of his hit singles and Elvis would take me make this one of those threads that read like a book lol Madonna had a large following, but really only a handful of charting hits and Mariah (one of my all time favorites) and Celine weren't much different. We can continue this in the MUSIC - MUSIC - MUSIC topic I started over in the forum games section of AC. I would appreciate if one of the moderators could move this to there so we don't keep this thread off topic thanks.

Frank

Droid, although Madonna started in 1979 I'll give it to you because she became popular in the mid 80's, just like Elvis started in the 50's. I take my hat off to you my friend, according to Billboard Madonna is the number two best selling artist of all time, second only to the Beatles WOW! I loved her music in the 80s and had no idea she sold that many. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN DROIDX AWESOME!

Thanked by:
    DroidXcon likes this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I do not want onscreen buttons I hate them they are a useless waste of space. I don't want an LCD screen yes they may look great but I love the contrast ratio of the amoled screens. I don't want aosp if I did I would buy a nexus. Yes touchwiz may look ugly but its functionality is beyond reproach. I don't want the exynos octa it is over kill the power those 4 a15 cores will use is just to much give me the quad core a7 with dual core a15 as long as the GPU is good I have no problem I could care less if its a 3 core sgx543 that still outperforms the adreno 320, especially when you consider it will be clocked higher than apples iPhone. I have no problems with the plastic build of these phones I would rather have them save money on that and invest it in the screen the GPU radios, the camera. All the things that matter on a cell phone. I don't want a battery smaller than 2800mah, I don't want a phone thinner than a sgs3
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    DroidXcon likes this.

Nah no amoled crap, the GS3 same screen was the ONLY bad thing about the phone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I can't deny the sgs3 screen was a week point of the device other than the resolution I perfer the display In the sgs2. But I can't get enough of the contrast ratio deep blacks and the over saturated colors makes the phone look vibrant were the evo lte looked dull. Amazingly crisp but dull non the less

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I don't want to see an 8 megapixel on S4...if one again samsung reveals an 8 mp then i'm very happy with my S3... :P

Things i want to see in Samsungs Galaxy S IV:
    Android 4.2, A non-AMOLED display (or maybe not?), Keep the size manageable, Keep the size manageable and It's time for Samsung to put that same level of emphasis on both the camera hardware itself and the image processing happening in the software.
    i like the Galaxy S3, but i'd like it more if all of the above were included in its successor....

The three of them combined still didn't do it, not even close.

Let's be honest, you'd say that no matter who he chose. :P

Also, I laugh everytime I see someone say "Touchwiz" in their post here. If you get a Samsung phone, that's what you're gonna get. No point complaining about it, just go HTC, or whoever else.

I agree. Played around with a Nexus where the home button was on the screen, and I was constantly accidentally hitting it when typing or when otherwise doing stuff on the screen. It sucked (or at least it did for me). Would rather have the physical button (and don't get me wrong, I thought it would be awesome prior to actually using it).

I'd rather have my screen real estate there for things on the screen, and keep the home and capacitive buttons. In fact, I love on the S3 how the capacitive buttons disappear into the body casing when not lit.

To each their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by ashish04 View Post
    I don't want to see an 8 megapixel on S4...if one again samsung reveals an 8 mp then i'm very happy with my S3... :P
    You should care about optics, not MP. Only suckers get fooled by the "more MP is better" marketing that manufacturers have going on. A 13MP camera (as is rumored) isn't any good without the optics to back it up.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Well its good to know I'm not the only person who likes how the capacitive buttons disappear when not in use along with the notification light. makes the phone look sleek imho

Yeah I do like the contrast (black looks like the screen is off) as opposed too many other smart phones where blacks are grayish

I never really noticed before, but I like it

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I'm very curious here ... I have seen a LOT of people saying they do NOT want a physical home button, or any capacative buttons ... but I have not seen any reasons for "why" anyone feels this way. Can someone explain "why"?

Personally, I really like the physical home button, and the capacative buttons ... my ONLY gripe is that when i sometimes grab my phone by the bottom, my thumb or other finger will touch a capacative button and back me out of an app, or pull up a menu i don't need. Other than that, I really like the buttons NOT being part of the actual touch screen.
    - Wiggum -

AT&T ... SGS4 ... Android v4.3 ... non-rooted
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234