What DON't You Want to See on the S4?

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
We pretty much agree on this topic, no more cheap plastic housing, No physical HOME button, and please NO S-PEN should be placed on the S4.

Welcome Kenn.
What are you looking for? Aluminum? Carbon fiber?
Can live with the home button.
S pen, does not bother me, as long as it does not increase the size of the phone. I can think of a couple times I would have liked to have one.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't want it to be just one solid device so I could put a bigger battery or place a SD card in there. Or to have a crappy battery on it..and out of date software. Lets have it ship the the latest stuff!

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Two major issues for me
1. I would hate to see S4 lose external storage like HTC ONE. Even if they increase internal storage, external storage is King/Queen IMO. Inconsistent data connections hinder Cloud storage adoption. Drop Box and Google Music are marginally useable due to data issues.
2. I don't want to see battery below 3000mAh unless the Exonos 5 Octa is excellent at power management allowing S4 to outlast Note 2. S3's battery wasn't that great for me.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Two major issues for me
1. I would hate to see S4 lose external storage like HTC ONE. Even if they increase internal storage, external storage is King/Queen IMO. Inconsistent data connections hinder Cloud storage adoption. Drop Box and Google Music are marginally useable due to data issues.
2. I don't want to see battery below 3000mAh unless the Exonos 5 Octa is excellent at power management allowing S4 to outlast Note 2. S3's battery wasn't that great for me.

Its going to run snapdragon 600

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to see all the endless *****ing clog up these forums when it releases with a plastic back and a physical home button...

Seriously, stop with the home button whining. Anyone that isn't sorted with the design direction Samsung has clearly carved out for itself over the last year should really just move on. Moto is offering onscreen buttons over that way.

-Suntan

Last edited:

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't want the physical/capacitive buttons but this is the brand image now so there's no chance they'll get rid of them.
Hopefully they'll make the next nexus based on this phone and not have these buttons

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone knows that it 100% will NOT ship with Key Lime Pie right? It won't even get announced until May at I/O. Probably won't see KLP(or whatever 5.0 is) until Fall 2013 at the least (or fall 2015 for us VZW folks). I would like it to see it ship with 4.2 which I'm sure it will since leaks for the GS3 4.2 have recently surfaced.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do we know what the cost is rumored to be for the S4?

Based on previous releases, the individual carriers will anounce that, within a few days to ride the coat tails of Samsung's announcement. My guess, the magical $199 (32 gb) - $249 (64 gb) range.

Many I'm sure are more interested in the *actual* price, not the US carrier subsidized price. I'd have to guess it will start at $699

I DON'T WANT TO SEE TOUCHWIZ OR A PHYSICAL HOME BUTTON!

lol...but I'm sure it'll have it all.

It will have TouchWiz. That's Samsung's brand. Touchwiz includes every single feature that they focus on in their advertising. Granted, many may not care about S-Beam or S-Voice or S-[fill in the blank], but that doesn't change that it is the heart of what Samsung attempts to showcase -- what sets a SAMSUNG phone apart from a Motorola or an HTC. Many of us don't necessary care about the brand, we want the best Android phone, but each manufacturer wants people to want THEIR brand of phone. There's no use wishing for it, asking for it, or getting upset about it; thankfully, Nexus devices are available for those who just want "Android" (Unless you're committed to Verizon, of course...but that's not exactly Samsung's problem).

Everyone knows that it 100% will NOT ship with Key Lime Pie right? It won't even get announced until May at I/O. Probably won't see KLP(or whatever 5.0 is) until Fall 2013 at the least (or fall 2015 for us VZW folks). I would like it to see it ship with 4.2 which I'm sure it will since leaks for the GS3 4.2 have recently surfaced.

Logically, yes, that's obvioius. I can't imagine it wouldn't ship with the latest OS available during phone development, which is most likely 4.2.2. Given the time-frame though, it definitely should be KLP capable, and an official update should be expected. None the less, within several hours of KLP being announced, there will be 100s of threads created here to the tune of "When will we get KLP?!?"

For me, I love the S3, and it's sold Samsung millions, so they'd be foolish to change a whole lot (although that has certainly never stopped manufacturers before!). I'm looking best available processor, enough RAM to handle what I need and then some...and that's about it. Home button, no home button...whatever, it doesn't bother me now, but I could live without it too.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't, sales will probably suffer a little.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
- Update overall look of TouchWiz
- Improve battery life
- 2500+ mAh battery
- Remove physical home button
- Ship with KLP
- NOT another AMOLED display

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Things I'd like not to see:

Buttons in the non-standard layout. (They could be onscreen or capacative, but at least make them the same layout/function as stock)
Touchwiz! (Yea, yeah, I know. But it IS a wishlist. I'd actually love if they'd offer developer versions where TW could be disabled, even if it meant a warranty loss.)
Plasticy body. (Carbon fiber aluminium, cast iron.. something premium for the flagship device.)
Small, removeable battery. (Learn from moto. Big internal battery, still thin phone.)