Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: What are you going to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 from?

I just went from S1 to a S3, and if samsung doesn't do something stupid I'll move up to S4. I'm on a family plan and I'm going used one of there upgrades and a little switcheroo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I currently have the Note 1. I love it be it's starting to get a little slow. I really want a Note 3, but my contract is up and would probably get the S4 when it comes out. Not willing to wait in line for one, I'm willing to wait a month or two after US launch for it, especially if the Note 3 hadn't been announced by that time. I will probably keep my Note 1 and use it as a dedicated nav and media device for my car.

My wife & I will be updating both our phones from Infuse to the Galaxy 4!

Quote Originally Posted by neilk View Post
    HTC Thunderbolt.

Me too.

I think Galaxy S4 should have some extraordinary features which seduces me to buy one.
    Otherwise I`ll keep my S3 or maybe get a Note II ... Who knows?

While I love my EVO 3D I will probably bite the bullet and get the S4 although honestly the HTC ONE does look like a nice piece of equipment. Alot will depend on when I do a side by side comparison.

Droid Razr Maxx... I've owned mainly HTC phones until the Maxx... now I think it's time for a Samsung. Samsung is finally updating it's devices fairly quickly, and from the rumors this sounds like it has some decent specs, including SD card.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

My Android Upgrades through out the years. Galaxy Vibrant-HTC Thunderbolt-Razr Maxx-GS4 I will be picking up 2

From my GS3...My upgrade is next year but as bad as I want this phone, I will be dropping some mad bread to get it when it comes our release day

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I'm Upgrade eligible on March 1, 2013 with BestBuy. I'm coming from Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (Wimaxx) to the S4.
    If the S4 does wow me on March 14th, I'll hold out. Or get an S3 when they become free w/ 2 yr upgrade. .
    LTE is showing up in spots where I work and live. DC area.
    Sprint LG Optimus G

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Default What are you going to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 from?

iPhone 5 lol

Samsung Galaxy S3 running UltimaROM 10.1.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cannot wait for this upgrade. I have a Droid Incredible 2 which I purchased in May, 2011. Coming from a single core 1GHz processor with 768 MB RAM. Never even had a phone with so much as a dual core processor or LTE. My lock screen button no longer works, so some of my precious memory is lost to a constantly running app which maps the wake up functionality to the volume keys. As a result, my phone constantly reloads the home screen when I go to home screen because there is not enough RAM to keep the background processes and more than a few apps active at once. Also, I'm running Gingerbread.

This update is going to be so glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles 135 View Post
    While I love my EVO 3D I will probably bite the bullet and get the S4 although honestly the HTC ONE does look like a nice piece of equipment. Alot will depend on when I do a side by side comparison.
    Either one will be a huge upgrade over what we have now.

ROM
    4.1 Jellybean

returning to where my heart belongs, ditching the Iphone 5 for a brandy new S4, cant wait to get back into the amazing world of android
    The Pharaoh

https://www.facebook.com/pharaoh422
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

OK, man this is a tough question. I have been through several android phones in the past year. Motorola Razr Maxx HD. Galaxy S3. Droid DNA. Despite the not always lots of fun battery life of the S3 it's emerged as my favorite. The display to me is as good as the DNA and much better than the MaxxHD. It just works. Everything always just works, unlike the somewhat buggy DNA. I'd like a faster camera and more battery, but it's hard to think of what else I'd improve on the S3. I have been reading all the reports on the new Blackberry Z10 and I am very definitely a BB fanboy - I want that Z10. But man, this S3 is a good phone. If the S4 fixes some of the minor shortcomings of the S3, then I may just go with it pretty quickly after release - and of course I will be following the new users very closely on Android Central.

And now that I typed all that I find myself thinking the BB Z10 with that cool new OS might be a good change from Android. I don't know. It depends on which way my internal wind is blowing. If BB leaves the door open for customization via themes as they used to or as Android does with launchers, then I think it will be the Z. That's one reason I went away from iOS - it's usable, reliable, and BORING.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I'll be giving my wife my S3 and upgrading her Photon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapTalk 2

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

A BB9960. Have been waiting for the BB10-Z10, but am disappointed in what it offers. The S4 wilol be a much better deal.

Global Posts
    4,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Upgrading from a S3. Unsure at this point if I keep my S3 or pass it down.

Keeping my s3 and holding out for an s5. I'm a patient man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Really thinking about it and it would be from the Original ATT Note.

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Upgrading from the BlackBerry 9810 -- upgrade eligible three weeks from today. Can't use the new BB even if I were so inclined because IT has no server (BES 10 or Exchange) to support it.

When I needed to replace my HTC Trophy. I had to settle for the cheapest smartphone, which was the Stellar.
    I am not impressed with the RF on Samsung in fringe areas.
    I am hoping it is because my device is a low end Samy.
    My upgrade comes up in May, or depending upon the device, 30 days sooner.
    The specs on the S4 look impressive, but I will be following the reviews carefully before I take the leap.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Replacing an S3 that I bought outright on ebay this week. I am refusing to let VZW downgrade my unlimited data until I am forced so I will wait for the S4 on ebay to come down into the $400.00 range and pick one up.

The S3 replaced the Bionic which had no issues but my wife's Thunderbolt is a total POS and I gave the Bionic to her.

Ill be upgrading from get this . . . . . . an iphone 3gs. Thats what i got stuck with when my Sll broke and i couldn't afford to get a new phone at the time. Now i do an dwas about to buy an Slll til i saw that the S4 is coming out. Can't tell you how happy i'll be to get back away from apple.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast