What are you going to upgrade to the Galaxy S4 from?

CrackBerry Kevin

Mobile Nations Chief Media Officer
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S3 has been hugely popular for Samsung. It makes me wonder how many people will upgrade early to the S4 (at any expense) from an S3. Or will we see S3 owners stick to their S3 for a while, and S4 owners will be coming over from other older devices.

So.. to that point.... if you're upgrading to the S4 when it comes out, post below what phone you'll be leaving behind for it!

hotbbq

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The last new phone I had was a Kyocera Echo that I won in a Sprint forum contest. I got tired of it fairly quick and bought a used EVO 3D. Before the Echo I had a Samsung Moment. That's three phones with arguably better hardware for their time, but with only small followings. That means fewer custom ROMS/kernels and fewer accessories. I'm ready for a phone that millions of people own and tons of people are hacking on. I'm probably going to get the S4 even it is is slightly less impressive spec wise than the HTC One.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll be picking one up, though not launch day - probably sometime in the summer.

It'll be replacing my S3 as my primary backup to my N4.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
May pick one up if I can find a place that will let me buy a Verizon one outright using my PayPal account. Not sure of a place i could do that at right now. Currently I have a Note 2 which is great but I always like the latest and greatest.

Trotter516

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I did have a S2 but got rid of it when I dropped T-mo. I am currently on my old Samsung Intensity 2 from Verizon so this will be a HUGE upgrade... if/when Verizon gets it out.

maerlim

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
The contract on my S2 runs out just in time for the S4. I'll definitely compare and contrast with the HTC One (and anything else new released before the end of April) before buying anything.

GeekGie

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Being that I'll be deployed when it comes out, we'll see what is around in October. I'm betting the S4 will still be near the top of the heap but at this point when I upgrade from my poor, old, tired Nexus S I want a phone that is going to be able to go the distance for 2 years.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Believe or not, it could replace my Xoom Wifi, since it is end of official updates. I know I could root it, but not sure the screen would be compatible with 4.2 and above.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I would upgrade to the S4 from my S3 using my tablets upgrade so I can keep unlimited data. I would only do this though if there is a root aviable. I root all my phones and have root required programs and applications.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife will get my S3 & I'll get rid of her Motorola photon for the S4 for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
A "broken promises" Moto Photon 4G (which is a frustrating POS even without the system upgrades that never came). Before that I had a "broken promises" Palm Pre. I hope I don't curse the S4 when I upgrade to it May 1!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR