Anyone still have any hope it'll get a Snapdragon 800??

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Sure would be fun if you could build your own smartphone with the latest components like I have with my gaming rigs. But, there is always custom ROMs and overclocking...BTW, my stock S3 is the sweetest smartphone I've used (for business), but bring on the S4!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

rmpatel

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
What you mean seem like Octa isnt a good chip? Havent you seen the performance of the Tegra 4 CPU, the Octa has exactly the same 4 A15 cores inside and the T4 obliterated the 600.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The results form the benchmarks are out and the difference between the octa and 600 is negligible at least in performance. The benchmarks on the tegra 4 were amazing but the s600 and octa aren't even close. Battery life still believe it or not still belongs to Qualcomm.
I just can't wait for the s800 but I'm debating whether or not to get the htc One or wait for the s800

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Snapdragon 800 is starting production in May and no devices have been announced for that SoC yet. So maybe the GN3, maybe nothing from Sammy this year.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Android OS and apps aren't anywhere near being able to use beyond two cores so it really doesn't matter. The higher powered procs just suck up extra battery.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I was pretty bummed when I saw HTC One has a Snapdragon 600...especially with that Adreno 320 GPU which will be behind the times before it's even released.

...then I saw the ZTE Grand Memo (what?) just announced with a Snapdragon 800...who knows when that thing will ship...but it gave me back a little hope that Samsung could use it's muscle to get the first/early shipments from Qualcomm??

Just a prayer at this point, though...but still hopeful! Anyone else clinging to hope??

Lucky for you Galaxy S4 lte advanced is coming with snapdragon 800

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2