Buy S4 Immediately or Wait to See Xphone?

Google Touts The Xphone As A "Revolutionary" Device, Do You Wait 2 Months To See It B4 A P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
No matter what the S4 turns out to be, how many of us are going to sit on our hands for a couple months and wait to see what Google has cooked up with the very first Xphone which is touted as being "revolutionary"?

A new report from SmartHouse says that Telstra, an Australian carrier, has reasons to be excited about the product said to hit stores later in July, as the X Phone will come with software never before seen in a smartphone:

According to Telstra sources, Hugh Bradlow, Chief Technology Officer for Telstra, has told senior mobile staff at Telstra the new device is a ?real breakthrough, a game changer that will put pressure on Samsung and Apple?. [?]

?Google has been working on this device for a long time. It has software features and capabilities that are not available on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or Apple iPhone. The software is really powerful and it pulls together Google services like no other manufacturer has done in the past,? a reliable source told SmartHouse.​

Last edited:

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope Moto/Google leaks something more than a "game changer" before the S4 hits the shelves--that said, it looks like they have some time to do so. S4 might not even hit the shelves in America until after the Google I/O, but hopefully Samsung tries to push it out sooner from a sales standpoint.

I'm a little confused as to what this X Phone is compared to the Nexus line. Will the X Phone get KLP before the Nexus (5)? Is this the next Nexus? Will it even be announced at I/O and if so, will it get a Spring release?

All this X-Phone nonsense, which isn't all that much, if anything, feels like the Bionic rumors way back when. God, that was awful. I lost a lot of respect for Moto after that flop.

Pft, then there was this: hhttp://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/28/google-cfo-none-of-motorolas-upcoming-products-are-wow-by-google-standards/#more-100342

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm tired of only hearing game changing and stuff like that. I'm getting the S4 and if the Xphone really is all that then I'll just sell my S4 and get the Xphone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The X phone is not coming out no time soon, so I don't see it as a choice against the SGS4 at this time.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had the SGSIII for about a year. The phone is good, the support sucks. Tired of waiting for updates that never come. My next phone will be the Nexus5. Period.:p

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the S4 will not go up for sale until after the Motorola X phone specs and device is announced (including all it's revolutionary, which will not amount to anything). This new X phone would have to includes the Maxx's battery and a lot of extras that the S4 does not have for me to not look at replacing my Razr Maxx with the S4.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Realistically, the X phone will most likely be announced/leaked prior to VZW shipping the GS4 so it is rather moot for me (alternatively, if the X phone offers anything truly new and inspiring, then it is likely that VZW won't offer it anyway.)

In any case, Google has shown that they are not interested in the kind of features that I am interested in. I much prefer native support for things like SD card, removable batteries, USB host function and working Bluetooth than I have interest in yet another way of calling up a google search bar. So although I very much enjoy using android, I'm somewhat cool to the idea of a "pure google experience" device.

-Suntan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21