HTC One or Galaxy S4

gunslinger42

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
so i have an upgrade im looking towards using, the HTC one is a beautiful phone thats really growing on me, but I would love to get a GS4 at the same time, so what do you guys think? hold out till possibly may to get the Galaxy S4 or wait another 2 weeks and get the HTC One? decisions decisions

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
so i have an upgrade im looking towards using, the HTC one is a beautiful phone thats really growing on me, but I would love to get a GS4 at the same time, so what do you guys think? hold out till possibly may to get the Galaxy S4 or wait another 2 weeks and get the HTC One? decisions decisions

I don't know how you feel re: the One, but no SD card slot, no removable battery, no sale!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No point in waiting. TouchWiz is far more intuitive and smoother than Sense. No sd card slot and removable battery are definite deal breakers.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The S4 announcement is in 2 weeks as well. Why not wait and see what they'll have first? Then make a decision.

This. The S4 reveal will happen before the HTC One is available. You should be able to make an informed decision before you are able to lay down money on either.

Personally, I don't think the removable battery matters much. I've never swapped batteries. I've also found I don't need an SD card when I've got at least 16gb of onboard storage. But, of course, these things are personal. Only you can know what is important to you.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This. The S4 reveal will happen before the HTC One is available. You should be able to make an informed decision before you are able to lay down money on either.

Personally, I don't think the removable battery matters much. I've never swapped batteries. I've also found I don't need an SD card when I've got at least 16gb of onboard storage. But, of course, these things are personal. Only you can know what is important to you.

You are correct removable battery and external storage availability are personal preferences. That's why I'd go with S4 until Note 3 comes out ;)

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I bet Samsung will be giving up SD card slot and removable battery too. You don't even know the S4 has ether.

I highly doubt they'd eliminate SD card. I am sure they know it's a very popular option. Note 8 has one so I am inclined to say it will be in the S4.

gunslinger42

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
you guys make very valid arguments, although SD card is no big deal for me, I'm just dying to get rid of this iPhone 5 and get back into android, i miss it so much

junkmonk

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
No removable battery? Some of my associates remove batteries from their cell phones when they come to important meetings.... Can you guess why?

Last edited:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No point in waiting. TouchWiz is far more intuitive and smoother than Sense. No sd card slot and removable battery are definite deal breakers.

For those of us that wanna make informed decisions, there is always a point in waiting.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt they'd eliminate SD card. I am sure they know it's a very popular option. Note 8 has one so I am inclined to say it will be in the S4.

sammobile has confirmed it will come in white and black, removable battery, storage 16, 32 and 64 and sd slot. my only concern is the model numbers being thrown around. past experince tells me GT-I is international version whereas SGH-I is US version. Could Samsung possibly merge the two variants. Some mobiles site says it will come with snapdragon 600, some says it will come with exynos. i'll have to wait till march 14 to find out. forgot, some photoshop images which i think unreliable show with physical home button and some shows three capacitive buttons ala( as look alike) LG Nexus 4.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
who cares about removable battery and SD. Honestly, if battery life is fine, then what else do you need. 32 GB of space is damn plenty

dxwilliams40

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If you like to customize your device by flashing custom roms, you will want the removable battery and sd card slot. It helps to get you out of trouble. If you tend to always run stock and don't want root, then the htc one will suit your needs. I could care less about the issue with samsung's plastic. A dropped samsung phone seems to always survive, but my htc inspire was dead upon contact.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If you can wait....wait and play around with both of them. I also recommend you writing down what is really important to you from a smart phone and deciding not by brand but by features.

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how you feel re: the One, but no SD card slot, no removable battery, no sale!

In all fairness, with the release of Jelly Bean and even Ice Cream Sandwich, you cannot do much in Android with the an SD card anymore; unless you root your phone. Not since Gingerbread could you load your apps on your SD card (again, unless you rooted your phone). I have a 64 GByte mircoSDHC card in my Note 2 and, honestly, the thing I find myself using it for most is as an extra drive for my computers, especially when transferring files between them.

And speaking of honesty, I hate iPhones but my wife loves them (see my screen name) but I cannot think of a single occasion where her phone battery died when she needed to use it. Although she is not on it constantly playing music and watching movies (that's what her iPad is for), she is probably a typical iPhone user at least and the lack of a removable battery has not been a detriment to her.

Honestly, I fear that the HTC One may be the future of Android: no SD card (or memory expansion of any sort) and a non-removable battery. In other words, Android is becoming more and more like the iPhone. And I for one, am not looking forward to it: look at my screen name.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
sammobile has confirmed it will come in white and black, removable battery, storage 16, 32 and 64 and sd slot. my only concern is the model numbers being thrown around. past experince tells me GT-I is international version whereas SGH-I is US version. Could Samsung possibly merge the two variants. Some mobiles site says it will come with snapdragon 600, some says it will come with exynos. i'll have to wait till march 14 to find out. forgot, some photoshop images which i think unreliable show with physical home button and some shows three capacitive buttons ala( as look alike) LG Nexus 4.

No such thing as confirmed until March 14th.

In all fairness, with the release of Jelly Bean and even Ice Cream Sandwich, you cannot do much in Android with the an SD card anymore; unless you root your phone. Not since Gingerbread could you load your apps on your SD card (again, unless you rooted your phone). I have a 64 GByte mircoSDHC card in my Note 2 and, honestly, the thing I find myself using it for most is as an extra drive for my computers, especially when transferring files between them.

And speaking of honesty, I hate iPhones but my wife loves them (see my screen name) but I cannot think of a single occasion where her phone battery died when she needed to use it. Although she is not on it constantly playing music and watching movies (that's what her iPad is for), she is probably a typical iPhone user at least and the lack of a removable battery has not been a detriment to her.

Honestly, I fear that the HTC One may be the future of Android: no SD card (or memory expansion of any sort) and a non-removable battery. In other words, Android is becoming more and more like the iPhone. And I for one, am not looking forward to it: look at my screen name.

My SD card will always be able to hold my 25GB of MP3s and some video...whereas my internet connection and data plan may not always be able to stream Pandora for me!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For those of us that wanna make informed decisions, there is always a point in waiting.

Whoa... Push the attitude flight back to the gate. I am just passing along leaked information from credible sources who rarely get it wrong. Is it rumor? Until we are past March 14th, you are guys are absolutely correct.

Consider that Sony and HTC have tipped their hands as well as the fact that we are so close to the March 14th release date, would it not make sense for Samsung to start leaking specs through Android Authority, Android Central, Samobile, Phonedog and Techno Buffalo? If these sources were not credible, why would they have a pretty decent track record and why would we even pay attention to them?

You are entitled to your opinion but not ridiculing and discounting mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer