Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 233
Like Tree131Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    gunslinger42's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    4.1 Jellybean

    Default HTC One or Galaxy S4

    so i have an upgrade im looking towards using, the HTC one is a beautiful phone thats really growing on me, but I would love to get a GS4 at the same time, so what do you guys think? hold out till possibly may to get the Galaxy S4 or wait another 2 weeks and get the HTC One? decisions decisions
    The Pharaoh

    https://www.facebook.com/pharaoh422
    mstrblueskys likes this.
  2. #2  
    JasW's Avatar

    Posts
    822 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,101 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger42 View Post
    so i have an upgrade im looking towards using, the HTC one is a beautiful phone thats really growing on me, but I would love to get a GS4 at the same time, so what do you guys think? hold out till possibly may to get the Galaxy S4 or wait another 2 weeks and get the HTC One? decisions decisions
    I don't know how you feel re: the One, but no SD card slot, no removable battery, no sale!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Same feeling here... Sd card and removeable battery a must have.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    The S4 announcement is in 2 weeks as well. Why not wait and see what they'll have first? Then make a decision.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    No point in waiting. TouchWiz is far more intuitive and smoother than Sense. No sd card slot and removable battery are definite deal breakers.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    If they announce the phone on the 14th when can we expect to see it in the US.? I think the S3 released in Europe first, correct?
  7. #7  
    Sapient's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by just1nsanity View Post
    The S4 announcement is in 2 weeks as well. Why not wait and see what they'll have first? Then make a decision.
    This. The S4 reveal will happen before the HTC One is available. You should be able to make an informed decision before you are able to lay down money on either.

    Personally, I don't think the removable battery matters much. I've never swapped batteries. I've also found I don't need an SD card when I've got at least 16gb of onboard storage. But, of course, these things are personal. Only you can know what is important to you.
    Thanked by 4:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I don't know how you feel re: the One, but no SD card slot, no removable battery, no sale!
    I bet Samsung will be giving up SD card slot and removable battery too. You don't even know the S4 has ether.
  9. #9  
    MOTH477's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    This. The S4 reveal will happen before the HTC One is available. You should be able to make an informed decision before you are able to lay down money on either.

    Personally, I don't think the removable battery matters much. I've never swapped batteries. I've also found I don't need an SD card when I've got at least 16gb of onboard storage. But, of course, these things are personal. Only you can know what is important to you.
    You are correct removable battery and external storage availability are personal preferences. That's why I'd go with S4 until Note 3 comes out
  10. #10  
    MOTH477's Avatar

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    I bet Samsung will be giving up SD card slot and removable battery too. You don't even know the S4 has ether.
    I highly doubt they'd eliminate SD card. I am sure they know it's a very popular option. Note 8 has one so I am inclined to say it will be in the S4.
    kinz7865 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    gunslinger42's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    4.1 Jellybean

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    you guys make very valid arguments, although SD card is no big deal for me, I'm just dying to get rid of this iPhone 5 and get back into android, i miss it so much
    The Pharaoh

    https://www.facebook.com/pharaoh422
    Thanked by 2:
    poosh2010, lesir, pblakk and 2 others like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    No removable battery? Some of my associates remove batteries from their cell phones when they come to important meetings.... Can you guess why?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    No point in waiting. TouchWiz is far more intuitive and smoother than Sense. No sd card slot and removable battery are definite deal breakers.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    For those of us that wanna make informed decisions, there is always a point in waiting.
  14. #14  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTH477 View Post
    I highly doubt they'd eliminate SD card. I am sure they know it's a very popular option. Note 8 has one so I am inclined to say it will be in the S4.
    sammobile has confirmed it will come in white and black, removable battery, storage 16, 32 and 64 and sd slot. my only concern is the model numbers being thrown around. past experince tells me GT-I is international version whereas SGH-I is US version. Could Samsung possibly merge the two variants. Some mobiles site says it will come with snapdragon 600, some says it will come with exynos. i'll have to wait till march 14 to find out. forgot, some photoshop images which i think unreliable show with physical home button and some shows three capacitive buttons ala( as look alike) LG Nexus 4.
  15. #15  
    trandz's Avatar

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    who cares about removable battery and SD. Honestly, if battery life is fine, then what else do you need. 32 GB of space is damn plenty
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    If you like to customize your device by flashing custom roms, you will want the removable battery and sd card slot. It helps to get you out of trouble. If you tend to always run stock and don't want root, then the htc one will suit your needs. I could care less about the issue with samsung's plastic. A dropped samsung phone seems to always survive, but my htc inspire was dead upon contact.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    If you can wait....wait and play around with both of them. I also recommend you writing down what is really important to you from a smart phone and deciding not by brand but by features.
    torch29 and go3go like this.
  18. #18  
    Username:'s Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I don't know how you feel re: the One, but no SD card slot, no removable battery, no sale!
    In all fairness, with the release of Jelly Bean and even Ice Cream Sandwich, you cannot do much in Android with the an SD card anymore; unless you root your phone. Not since Gingerbread could you load your apps on your SD card (again, unless you rooted your phone). I have a 64 GByte mircoSDHC card in my Note 2 and, honestly, the thing I find myself using it for most is as an extra drive for my computers, especially when transferring files between them.

    And speaking of honesty, I hate iPhones but my wife loves them (see my screen name) but I cannot think of a single occasion where her phone battery died when she needed to use it. Although she is not on it constantly playing music and watching movies (that's what her iPad is for), she is probably a typical iPhone user at least and the lack of a removable battery has not been a detriment to her.

    Honestly, I fear that the HTC One may be the future of Android: no SD card (or memory expansion of any sort) and a non-removable battery. In other words, Android is becoming more and more like the iPhone. And I for one, am not looking forward to it: look at my screen name.
    The Hustleman likes this.
  19. #19  
    jeffreii's Avatar
    CrackBerry Convert

    Posts
    797 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    sammobile has confirmed it will come in white and black, removable battery, storage 16, 32 and 64 and sd slot. my only concern is the model numbers being thrown around. past experince tells me GT-I is international version whereas SGH-I is US version. Could Samsung possibly merge the two variants. Some mobiles site says it will come with snapdragon 600, some says it will come with exynos. i'll have to wait till march 14 to find out. forgot, some photoshop images which i think unreliable show with physical home button and some shows three capacitive buttons ala( as look alike) LG Nexus 4.
    No such thing as confirmed until March 14th.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNoiPhone4me View Post
    In all fairness, with the release of Jelly Bean and even Ice Cream Sandwich, you cannot do much in Android with the an SD card anymore; unless you root your phone. Not since Gingerbread could you load your apps on your SD card (again, unless you rooted your phone). I have a 64 GByte mircoSDHC card in my Note 2 and, honestly, the thing I find myself using it for most is as an extra drive for my computers, especially when transferring files between them.

    And speaking of honesty, I hate iPhones but my wife loves them (see my screen name) but I cannot think of a single occasion where her phone battery died when she needed to use it. Although she is not on it constantly playing music and watching movies (that's what her iPad is for), she is probably a typical iPhone user at least and the lack of a removable battery has not been a detriment to her.

    Honestly, I fear that the HTC One may be the future of Android: no SD card (or memory expansion of any sort) and a non-removable battery. In other words, Android is becoming more and more like the iPhone. And I for one, am not looking forward to it: look at my screen name.
    My SD card will always be able to hold my 25GB of MP3s and some video...whereas my internet connection and data plan may not always be able to stream Pandora for me!
  20. #20  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    For those of us that wanna make informed decisions, there is always a point in waiting.
    Whoa... Push the attitude flight back to the gate. I am just passing along leaked information from credible sources who rarely get it wrong. Is it rumor? Until we are past March 14th, you are guys are absolutely correct.

    Consider that Sony and HTC have tipped their hands as well as the fact that we are so close to the March 14th release date, would it not make sense for Samsung to start leaking specs through Android Authority, Android Central, Samobile, Phonedog and Techno Buffalo? If these sources were not credible, why would they have a pretty decent track record and why would we even pay attention to them?

    You are entitled to your opinion but not ridiculing and discounting mine.

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
  21. #21  
    JasW's Avatar

    Posts
    822 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,101 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNoiPhone4me View Post
    In all fairness, with the release of Jelly Bean and even Ice Cream Sandwich, you cannot do much in Android with the an SD card anymore; unless you root your phone. Not since Gingerbread could you load your apps on your SD card (again, unless you rooted your phone). I have a 64 GByte mircoSDHC card in my Note 2 and, honestly, the thing I find myself using it for most is as an extra drive for my computers, especially when transferring files between them.

    And speaking of honesty, I hate iPhones but my wife loves them (see my screen name) but I cannot think of a single occasion where her phone battery died when she needed to use it. Although she is not on it constantly playing music and watching movies (that's what her iPad is for), she is probably a typical iPhone user at least and the lack of a removable battery has not been a detriment to her.

    Honestly, I fear that the HTC One may be the future of Android: no SD card (or memory expansion of any sort) and a non-removable battery. In other words, Android is becoming more and more like the iPhone. And I for one, am not looking forward to it: look at my screen name.
    I have a sh-t ton of music. How else to carry it all around? My phone doubles as my mp3 player.
    grilled cheese likes this.
  22. #22  
    Username:'s Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreii View Post
    My SD card will always be able to hold my 25GB of MP3s and some video...whereas my internet connection and data plan may not always be able to stream Pandora for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I have a sh-t ton of music. How else to carry it all around? My phone doubles as my mp3 player.
    In fairness to both of you, I should have been more clear. Yes, you can still do things with an SD card for your phone. More memory is better, period: I think we all agree. My argument is that, as it seems that you can do less and less with an SD card (again, for example, you can no longer load your applications on an SD card with the latest versions of Android), then I fear that more and more manufacturers will omit them. Again, for me (and I do admit that everyone is different), the major thing that I find myself using the SD card in my Note 2 for is to transfer files to and from my computer.

    And I use the example of my wife and her 64 GByte iPhone 5. She has a ton of video, music and lectures on her phone and still has plenty of space. My argument is not that there is no need for an SD card; my argument is that with phone coming with up to 64 GBytes (and soon, maybe even more) of memory built-in, then the need for an SD card becomes less and less. An honest question to both of you but if your phones had 64 GBytes of built-in memory, how much if any, more memory would you need?

    No having written the above, let me add that I personally like having an SD card (well, technically, a microSDHC card) for my phone. I hope I made that clear in my original post. But in practice and in looking at the future of the market and the Android operating system, I fear the lack of memory expansion (and a replaceable battery) may be the future.

    And no, I personally do not like it.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by kulk35 View Post
    If you can wait....wait and play around with both of them. I also recommend you writing down what is really important to you from a smart phone and deciding not by brand but by features.
    Probably the best advice. Worked quite well for me.
  24. #24  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    2,574 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger42 View Post
    so i have an upgrade im looking towards using, the HTC one is a beautiful phone thats really growing on me, but I would love to get a GS4 at the same time, so what do you guys think? hold out till possibly may to get the Galaxy S4 or wait another 2 weeks and get the HTC One? decisions decisions
    I personally would wait for the S4. If you get the HTC One, you're gonna ask yourself "why in the hell didn't I wait?" Lol
    tohio likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HTC One or Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I personally would wait for the S4. If you get the HTC One, you're gonna ask yourself "why in the hell didn't I wait?" Lol
    Maybe, maybe not. :P
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One+ OR Samsung Galaxy S3?
    By Nano Sama in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM
  2. iPhone 4S - HTC One X - Galaxy S3 Comparison
    By raziel in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 08:52 PM
  4. HTC one S or Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    By Imagine727 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 06:07 PM
  5. Which One: HTC Vigor or Samsung Galaxy (verizon)
    By zachnelson in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 12:12 PM

Posting Permissions